5 tips for selling real estate in today’s market
As a sales agent, selling properties can be a lot easier when you have a list of buyers ready to make an offer on day one of the marketing campaign. However, as anyone who has been in property for any length of time knows, conditions can quickly change.
In real estate, it’s important to maintain a steady relationship with your clientele in times of low inventory and high demand.
As soon as you start noticing that the market is starting to heat up, continue to be proactive – put lots of effort into finding new clients and building relationships with others. Relationship building includes consistently connecting with referral partners, which helps make sure you have the most up-to-date information available to you and your clients.
Show Your Success
When you’re selling properties and achieving good results for your clients, don’t be afraid to show your success. The most obvious way to do this is by increasing your presence on social media.
A strong market where people are engaged and interested is the perfect time to tell people about the result you’re achieving. It’s also the perfect time to offer educational content and help them better understand property as an asset class.
Building up things like your social media presence and email list is actually a key business asset for you going forward. And this is the perfect time to do that. Also look at other more traditional forms of real estate marketing like letter drops to get your message direct to the door.
Explore Marketing Options
When markets are seeing a lot of competition, it might be a time to look at the way you’re selling properties.
If you’ve been in the business for a while or if you have settled on a certain way of doing things, now might be a time to look at other ways that could potentially see even better results. A great way to improve your marketing efforts, is by automating them, which you can learn more about here.
If you always sell through private treaty and your area is seeing huge buyer interest, it could be worth exploring an auction, expressions of interest or an end date sale process. You know your area best and if you’re seeing record demand, there might be room for even better results.
Focus on Processes
When the good times are rolling it’s very easy as an agent to start letting things slide when it comes to the marketing and sales process.
When buyers are knocking on your door, there’s sometimes very little need to do much marketing at all. Invariably that leads to follow ups getting laxer and things like communication with other potential buyers falling away. These are things that would never happen in a soft market.
If you can continue to work on your processes during the good times, you will be well prepared for changing market conditions.
Use the Right CRM
A real estate CRM can be immensely beneficial for agents selling in a hot market by streamlining and enhancing various aspects of their business:
- Lead Management: In a hot market, leads can pour in rapidly. A CRM helps agents efficiently capture, organise, and track leads, ensuring that no potential opportunity is missed. Automated lead capture from various sources, such as websites and social media, makes it easier to manage the influx of inquiries.
- Communication: A CRM enables agents to maintain consistent and timely communication with potential clients. Automated email marketing, drip campaigns, and reminders ensure that agents stay engaged with leads, helping to nurture and convert them into clients.
- Property Tracking: Agents can easily add and manage property listings in the CRM, making it convenient to keep track of available properties, update their status, and share information with clients. Quick access to property details helps agents respond swiftly to inquiries.
- Client Segmentation: CRM systems allow agents to categorise clients based on criteria like buying preferences, budget, and location. This segmentation helps agents tailor their marketing efforts and provide personalised services to different client groups.
- Task Management: In a hot market, agents are often juggling multiple tasks and appointments. A CRM can assist in managing tasks, appointments, and follow-ups, ensuring that nothing falls through the cracks and that clients receive the attention they deserve.
- Analytics and Reporting: CRM systems offer valuable insights into agent performance and market trends. Agents can track lead conversion rates, sales pipeline status, and other metrics to refine their strategies and make data-driven decisions.
- Mobile Access: Many modern CRMs offer mobile functionality, allowing agents to access critical information, respond to leads, and manage tasks while on the go. This is especially useful in a fast-paced market where immediate responses can make a difference.
- Document Management: CRMs often include document storage and management features, making it easy to store, share, and retrieve important contracts, agreements, and client documentation.
- Integration: CRMs can integrate with other software tools, such as marketing automation platforms and financial software, streamlining workflows and reducing manual data entry.
- Scalability: As the market heats up, an agent’s workload may increase significantly. A CRM system can scale with the agent’s business, accommodating the growing volume of leads, clients, and transactions.
In summary, a Real Estate CRM system helps agents navigate the challenges and opportunities of a hot market by providing tools for efficient lead management, communication, property tracking, and analytics. It allows agents to stay organised, responsive, and competitive, ultimately contributing to their success in selling real estate in a fast-moving real estate landscape.
Contact MRI Software
For comprehensive and innovative real estate solutions that will transform the way your agency does business, contact MRI Software today on or click here to schedule a personalised demonstration.
Real Estate CRM Solutions
Unlock your agency’s full potential with powerful real estate CRM softwareLearn more
MRI Living for Agencies Brochure
Managing your existing business whilst also generating more activity and building a pipeline can leave you feeling overworked. It’s time to move from being busy to being a growth business. With comprehensive estate agency software, you can enable y…