About the role:
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to work within our global Product Development department working to apply defined software development life cycle processes to deliver production ready code of the highest quality, this individual will be diligent in testing their code and working with the team to produce MRI Software’s high standard product. This individual will work under the Agile development methodology in a cross-functional environment with other groups, both inside and outside the department including Product Management and Documentation, as well as create and test code in our dynamic team setting. You will be able to gain a deeper understanding of specific programming languages such as C# and .Net.
Essential Functions Include:
- Applies defined Software Development Life Cycle to deliver production ready code of high quality which satisfies all functional and non-functional requirements
- Designs, codes, tests and maintains deliverables of high complexity.
- Utilizes product-relevant technical knowledge to drive application designs
- Communicates technical issues and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Compares, contrasts and prioritizes among alternative approaches to meet objectives
- Suggest approaches that optimize among customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- Creates code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain.
- Peer reviews code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design.
- Provides technical assistance and technical training to other departments and peers as required.
- Works with Product Management team to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- Implements complex technical designs spanning multiple application tiers
- 3-5 years working knowledge of and experience with programming in Microsoft C#, .Net Framework, Dotnet Core Services and WebAPI backends.
- Experience with Azure Cloud: hosted applications, Azure Service Bus, Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Experience with SQL Server And Various Azure storage tech
- BA/BS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related area
- Strong understanding of software development best practices, including multiple development methodologies (experience with Agile principles preferred)
- Broad-based technical expertise including a strong understanding of programming and architecture concepts
- Established ability to deliver products on-time that meet expectations
- Deep understanding of Agile development methodologies and pragmatic implementation
- Experience with unit testing frameworks with Angular, .NET and ASP.NET MVC
- Established ability to deliver secure quality and performant code.
- Self-motivated team player with integrity and a great work ethic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and always willing to work hard to continually raise the bar for the team
- Ability to learn leading technical / industry standards and technologies
- Working in Agile environment
- Working in environment embracing CI/CD methodology
- Flexible working arrangements
Australian citizenship or permanent residency is required
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.