Top 6 benefits of leasing software in the retail industry
Why is leasing software used in retail?
The use of leasing software has become increasingly widespread in the retail industry as retailers strive to keep up with the fast-paced and ever-changing market. The industry is competitive, and effective lease management is essential for success, profitability, and growth.
With the increasing complexity of lease agreements and regulatory requirements, retailers must have a reliable and efficient management system. Real-time access to critical lease data is more important than ever as organisations grow and the business volume increases.
Manual lease management can present a substantial challenge for retailers with extensive, complex portfolios. Manual processes often bring errors, inconsistencies, and missed opportunities, significantly impacting a retailer’s financial performance. Fragmented leasing data causes issues with reporting or making impactful business decisions and has been especially problematic for organisations with the introduction of new lease accounting standards and the impacts of the pandemic, which has caused many changes to existing leases.
To mitigate these risks and improve efficiency, implementing technology in your business is crucial in effectively managing the lease process and safeguarding the bottom line.
Leasing software also provides retailers with a centralised platform for managing leases, reducing time and effort, and improving data accuracy. It automates many manual tasks involved in lease administration, such as tracking rent roll information, lease expiration dates, and lease abstracts.
Moreover, leasing software lets retailers stay up to date with the latest market trends and regulatory requirements. Retailers can make informed decisions and track performance metrics with real-time access to data and analytics.
What are the key benefits for using retail?
You understand the importance of running a tight and efficient operation as a retail business owner or manager. From managing lease agreements and payments, to facility management and maintence requests, many tasks must be performed accurately and on time. Leasing software offers numerous benefits for retail businesses that can help streamline these processes and improve business outcomes.
In addition, leasing software also offers several key advantages, including:
- Streamline and automate your lease management processes. Leasing software helps to simplify and automate the leasing process, from lease generation to rent roll management and lease renewals, reducing manual labour and the risk of errors. An example of this could be getting your lease abstracts generated automatically, reducing the time and effort required to compile information manually.
- Stay one step ahead with unrivalled insight into critical real estate data. With leasing software, retail organisations have real-time access to valuable leasing information, such as rent roll data, occupancy reports, and lease expiration dates helping them make informed decisions. For example, they can monitor the performance of their entire portfolio in real-time and easily identify areas for improvement.
- Encourage a culture of corporate excellence, responsibility, and collaboration. With a centralised platform for communication and cooperation, leasing software helps improve relationships between landlords, tenants, and property management teams, promoting a corporate excellence and responsibility culture. Tenants can easily report maintenance issues through a centralised platform, which gets automatically directed to the appropriate property management team for resolution.
- Easily integrate commerical real estate (CRE) software into your current corporate setup. Leasing software can be combined with other existing systems, such as accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, streamlining processes and reducing the risk of errors. For example, rent roll information can be automatically populated in accounting systems, reducing the time and effort required to input information manually.
- Support multiple locations, currencies, and languages with a global platform. Leasing software is an ideal solution for retail organisations with diverse portfolios. For instance, it allows tenants to access lease information and make rent payments in their preferred currency, regardless of location.
- Manage a diverse portfolio, domestic and international, in a single system. Leasing software provides a centralised platform for managing a diverse portfolio, domestic and international, reducing the time and effort required to handle leases and improving data accuracy. The software enables retail organisations to track and manage leases for multiple properties in different locations from a single system, reducing the risk of errors and improving data accuracy.
If you are interested in learning more about leasing software solutions for the retail industry or would like to request a demo, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Our team is dedicated to helping retail businesses find the right leasing software solution to meet their needs and achieve their business goals.
With MRI Software, you can achieve compliance with international accounting standards, ensure full visibility of critical lease events and maximise the potential of your portfolio effortlessly with one solution that tackles all of your leasing needs.
Lease Accounting Software
Comprehensive, integrated lease accounting software for every type of asset.Get a demo
A single source of leasing truth for Non-Profit organisations
MRI LeaseEagle offers a comprehensive leasing software solution for non-profits to manage their property portfolio easily. The software gives you a complete view of all your locations, with a live portfolio dashboard, critical alerts, and franchise m