Effective Date: January 20, 2023
Personal information is information that could identify you. Under applicable law, we have to have a valid reason to use this personal information. The information is collected in a number of ways, which will be described below. You have rights with respect to the personal information, which will be described below in further detail.
Categories of Personal information
When you interact with our websites we may gather personal information including:
- your name, company name, email address, address information, and other contact info.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts (including opt out to the extent permitted)
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, online user identification profile, browsing behavior (including visits, pages viewed, clicks, time spent), details of which version of web browser you used, and your views of our digital advertisements when browsing other sites
- your log in credentials, such as your user name, when you access a restricted content section
- organisation details, job title, and phone numbers
- location data
- account details, registration information (including meal preferences and emergency contact information), user preferences, course details, support ticket information, support documentation and attachments, communication history, and survey information.
- we collect payment information for payments made or purchases through third parties (see the section titled “What we do with your data” for more information)
When you interact with our websites we may gather sensitive personal information including:
- social security number, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport through scanning of the document for the purposes of providing you with MRI’s services
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information from you when you interact with the Site and when you communicate directly with MRI and its products or services. We may also receive information about you from our vendors and partners who are authorised to share such information with us. If you wish to receive a list of which vendor or partner has provided us information about you, please do so here.
How we use your data
The personal information that you provide to MRI, may be stored, processed, and used by MRI and its affiliates for the following purposes:
- to provide information about our company, products and/or services, including updates, notifications, details of any offers or promotions, a better shopping cart experience, and order completion;
- to assist us in improving our products, services or the content of this Site;
- to contact you to participate in a market research survey, so that we can gauge customer satisfaction and develop better products;
- for our own internal marketing and research purposes;
- to promote user groups;
- to make this Site or service easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customising this Site or service to your particular interests or preferences;
- to analyse information for trends and statistics;
- to fulfill your request for information;
- to enable the processing of your payment information provided by you while using our Site or our products or services;
- to provide services to you and/or your organisation, which you have contracted for with us; and
- MRI deems reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, enforce/protect our rights, privacy, safety and the rights, privacy, safety of other users. We may also provide this information to an agent acting on MRI’s behalf in connection with the activities described above, if permitted under law.
How long do we keep your data
If you are an employee or customer of a client of MRI’s, accessing portions of the Sites which are restricted by user credentials, then your data will be kept until the earlier of: (i) twelve months following the end of the contractual relationship with the client or MRI; (ii) twelve months following the date on which the user or client removes the personal information; or (iii) a verified erasure request, which is not subject to an exception for not erasing the data. For all personal information not related to employment or providing contracted services to your organisation, we will retain the data up to two (2) years following the latest date of activity.
What do we do with your data
We have offices all over the world, which work together to provide top of the line services to our customers. As such, some of your personal information may be processed overseas. Our security standards apply to all of our MRI offices and MRI employees. All transfers of personal information overseas shall be done after assurance of meeting such security standards and in accordance with applicable laws related to such transfer. A full list of postal addresses for MRI can be found here. Additionally, MRI adheres to the Privacy Shield framework established between the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission with respect to personal information that is transferred from the European Economic Area to the United States within the scope of MRI’s Privacy Shield certification. Read more about our Privacy Shield Policy.
Bulletin Boards and Chat Rooms
From time to time, portions of this Site may allow you to post information which other visitors to this Site will be able to access (such as on a “bulletin board” or during an interactive “chat” with other visitors). In the event that you choose to post information in this context, it becomes generally available to the public, and we have no ability to control or limit its use by visitors to our site. By posting the information on this Site you are providing MRI and its affiliates the right to use the information in connection with the operation of MRI’s business. Therefore, we encourage you not to post any information you consider private or sensitive on this Site.
MRI’s Site, software and services do not target, and are not structured to attract, children under the age of 16. MRI does not collect any registration information from users who indicate they are under the age of 16. If MRI discovers personal information from a child, MRI will eliminate that data. We will not sell the personal information of any person who we know is under the age of 16 without express, valid authorisation.
Security of Information
To protect the privacy of personal information provided by you, MRI employs reasonable and adequate security measures, including industry-standard controls such as physical access controls, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, and network monitoring. Additionally, only authorised administrators and staff have access to systems containing such information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
What are your rights?
Under data protection law, you have certain rights over your personal information. The rights available to you depend on your country of residency/citizenship and our reason for processing your information. Please note that this is a comprehensive list of all rights that might apply and not a guarantee that all rights do apply to you under applicable law.
- You have a right to be informed about the personal information that we are collecting about you. To receive such information, please file a request here. You may also submit your request via email or post to the contact information listed at the bottom of this section. We aim to proactively provide some of this information to you with respect to personal information collected through the Site. Please see the section titled “Categories of Personal Information” to see what sources from which we collect personal information about you. Please see the section titled “What we do with your data” to see the business or commercial purpose for sharing or selling personal information. Please see the section titled “What we do with your data” to see the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information collected.
- You have a right to see what specific pieces of personal information we have collected and currently hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the specific pieces of information that we have collected and currently hold about you, please file a request here. You may also submit your request via email or post to the contact information listed at the bottom of this section. Once verified, we will promptly deliver to you a copy of that information. You may file a request no more than twice within a twelve month period. Please note that we will send such information in a secure manner, which may require additional verification steps on your part to access such information but will not require the creation of an account with us.
- You have the right to have your personal information deleted. You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information. Once verified, we will promptly delete your personal information, provided it does not fall into a category of data that is an exception to the deletion requirements under law. To submit a request for your data to be deleted, you may submit a request here. You may also submit your request via email or post to the contact information listed at the bottom of this section.
- You have the right to know if your personal information is shared or sold. To find out how and to whom your specific information has been provided, you may submit a request here. You may also submit your request via email or post to the contact information listed at the bottom of this section. Once verified, we will promptly deliver to you a copy of that information.
- You have the right to opt out of the sale and sharing of your information. Please note that optout requests do not apply to the collection or sharing of personal information with our service providers. You have the right to opt out of the future sale of your personal information. If you wish to opt out of such sale (if any), please opt out by submitting a request at: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. You may also submit your request via email or post to the contact information listed at the bottom of this section. We will not require you to create an account in order for you to opt out. Once we have received a verified request to stop selling your personal information, we will stop the sale of your personal information (if any). We will not restart such sale without our authorisation, which we may not request within twelve months of receiving your opt out notice. You may see additional information about such right to opt out under §1798.120 and §1798.135 of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Please note that such opt out for not apply to the collection of personal information, nor the sharing of personal information with our service providers as long as such service providers do not sell your personal information.
- You have the right to non-discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. Please know that we may need additional information in order to verify the legitimacy of your request, verify your identity, or accurately match the personal information to the party to whom it belongs. In such cases, we will contact you for additional details (if you have provided your contact information). In order for us to effectuate your requests in a timely manner, you will need to provide such additional information promptly. Information provided to us for the purposes of exercising one of your rights will only be used to carry out your request under your rights.
Unless otherwise stated, MRI is the business (as defined under California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018) for the personal information we collect and process through the Sites. There are many ways you can contact us, including by phone, email, and post. Full contact details can be seen here.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Site to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Exercising your rights
If you wish to exercise your rights or raise a concern, please contact us: By submitting a request online
By email: MRIDataPrivacyPractitioner@mrisoftware.com
MRI Global Headquarters:
28925 Fountain Parkway
Solon, OH 44139
(800) 321 8770
Alternative privacy policies