Employee Sign-In Software for Workplaces
In today’s hybrid work environment, it is crucial for companies to have a reliable system in place to manage their employee presence and ensure their teams are safe and secure.
Keeping track of staff manually can be a time-consuming and often times headache-inducing operation for managers. The larger the organisation is, and the more flexible we become, banking on accurate and up-to-date manual processes isn’t sufficient.
Forgo the error-prone spreadsheet and welcome digital sign-in processes. Employee sign-in software isn’t anything new and has been a consistent and iterative developmental process for many companies that offer this product or feature.
These days, the methods of sign-in are vast and hyper-efficient. The software has come far with the likes of geofencing your organisational space on a map so that when employees arrive on-site, their sign-in is automatic, stress-free, and straightforward.
This article will discuss everything you need to know about employee sign-in software, its benefits, top features to look for, how it improves workplace security, and more.
What is employee sign-in software?
Regardless of whether the employee is in the physical workspace or working remotely, employee sign-in software helps bolster security, keep track of the workforce, determine and analyse valuable occupancy data, and even aid organisational health and safety compliance requirements.
In the tech boom era we find ourselves in, employee sign-in software comes in all shapes and forms of technology. At its core, however, the software is an employee management system that enables staff to sign in and out of their workplaces. It stores that data for an organisation to analyse to make the processes as efficient as possible.
Why is employee sign-in software needed in the workplace?
Employee sign-in software is needed in the workplace for several reasons;
- Security: Employee sign-in software enables organisations to monitor and manage employees’ access to their premises, ensuring that only authorised personnel are allowed inside. It also provides a simple and easy way for a software administrator to compile breach information, review any unauthorised attempts, or learn who was on-site when a potential flu strain spread to give them notice.
- Compliance: Employee sign-in software helps organisations comply with health and safety regulations, ensuring they provide a safe and healthy work environment for their employees. Employers can request specific documents during the sign-in process that an employee must upload before entry is granted or can send company-wide or individual messages to those entering or on-site to keep them updated with hazards or other important notices.
- Operational efficiency: By going digital and automating the sign-in and sign-out process, employee sign-in software eliminates the need for manual tracking, saving time, reducing errors, and eliminating a need for accountability and lack of trust.
- Data collection: Employee sign-in software enables organisations to collect valuable operational data, which can be used to improve their operations and make data-driven decisions. This could be understanding occupancy levels on certain days and resource planning.
The benefits of implementing employee sign-in software
Implementing employee sign-in software can bring several benefits to your organisation. Here are a few:
- Enhanced security: By managing access to your premises, employee sign-in software can help prevent unauthorised access, theft, and other security breaches. Organisational IP is one of the most important things to a company. Keeping that safe with preventive barriers to entry can be an exceptional deterrent to any malicious persons.
- Improved compliance: Employee sign-in software can help ensure your organisation complies with health and safety regulations with features such as document upload upon sign-in, reducing the risk of accidents and injuries, and providing only those with the proper certifications can gain entry.
- Increased operational efficiency: By automating the sign-in and sign-out process, employee sign-in software can save time and reduce errors, improving overall operating efficiency and enabling your teams to get to where they need to be in your building faster.
- Better data collection: Employee sign-in software can help organisations collect valuable operational data, which can be used to improve their operations and make data-driven decisions.
- Ease of access for staff: By creating a simple and user-friendly way for your team to arrive and exit your locations, their day will always start and end with a seamless interaction with your company. Your front-of-house teams can spend less time at the reception desk assisting employees in getting access and can go about their other essential duties.
How employee sign-in software improves workplace security
Employee sign-in software can provide organisations with a comprehensive tool to manage and improve workplace security, helping to create a safer and more secure environment for employees and visitors.
Some of the most common ways it helps workplace security are;
- Access management: By managing access to your premises, employee sign-in software can help prevent unauthorised access, reducing the risk of theft, vandalism, and other security breaches.
- Lone worker tracking: Employee sign-in software that includes lone worker tracking features can help organisations monitor and manage the safety of employees working alone, ensuring their well-being and security.
- Emergency management: Employee sign-in software with features can help organisations respond to emergencies quickly and effectively. With real-time information about who is on-site, including lone workers, employers can perform headcounts and notify employees in the event of an emergency. This can help ensure everyone is accounted for and appropriate measures are taken to protect employee safety.
- Visitor management: Employee sign-in software can also be used to manage visitors to your premises, ensuring that only authorised individuals are allowed entry. By tracking who is on-site, you can better manage the flow of people in and out of your building and reduce the risk of security breaches.
- Audit trails: With employee sign-in software, you can keep detailed records of who has accessed your premises and when. This creates an audit trail that can be used to investigate security incidents and identify potential security risks.
What options are available for sign-in using this software?
Employee sign-in software typically offers several options for employees to sign in, including:
- Self-service kiosks: Self-service kiosks are the most common sign-in method using employee sign-in software. These kiosks are typically located at the entrance to your building and allow employees to sign in quickly and easily.
- Mobile app: Many employee sign-in software solutions offer a mobile app that employees can use to sign in remotely, anywhere, at any time.
- Geofencing: As mentioned in the introduction, geofencing enables organisations to depict the building footprint of their work on an interactive map. Employees who pass through the location will automatically be signed into the workplace, informing the software (and their employer) they’re on-site.
- QR codes: Some employee sign-in software solutions use QR codes to allow employees to sign in quickly and easily. Employees simply scan the QR code using their smartphone to sign in.
- RFID tags: RFID tags can be used to allow employees to sign in automatically as they enter the building without needing manual sign-in.
How does employee sign-in software work in a hybrid workplace?
Employee sign-in software can be a valuable tool in a hybrid workplace, allowing you to manage and monitor employees who are working on-site or remotely. Here are some ways that employee sign-in software can work in a hybrid workplace:
- Mobile sign-in: With a mobile app, employees can sign in remotely, from anywhere, at any time, allowing you to track and manage their location and presence.
- Desk booking: Employee sign-in software can be used to manage desk booking, allowing employees to reserve desks in advance and ensure they have a designated workspace when they come into the office. This can help organisations ensure that they maintain social distancing protocols and that employees feel comfortable returning to the workplace.
- Flexible scheduling: Employee sign-in software can also help organisations implement flexible scheduling, allowing employees to choose when they come into the office and work remotely as needed. This can help improve employee morale and productivity and reduce the risk of exposure to illness in the workplace.
- Real-time reporting: With employee sign-in software, organisations can track and monitor employee activity in real time, providing valuable insight into who is working where and for how long. This can help organisations manage the flow of employees in and out of the workplace, identify potential security issues, and make data-driven decisions about staffing and resource allocation.
- Remote sign-in: A remote employee sign-in option enables organisations to monitor their remote workforce and gain insight into employee productivity. It also helps to optimise resource allocation and reduce costs. Additionally, it improves employee safety and well-being by allowing them to trigger an SOS alert in case of an emergency through the mobile app.
Ready to learn more?
If you want to learn more about employee sign-in software and employee management solutions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
With MRI Software, we offer the full complement of employee sign-in software. Manage on-site and remote workers, set up QR codes and self-service kiosks, and use our app OnLocation Mobile for simple sign-in. Easily set a geofence around your organisational location to ensure complete visibility of who’s on-site and make sign-in effortless for your team. Our deep functionality is ideally suited for organisations of all sizes, and you can use as little or as much of our 300+ feature set as you need to achieve your goals.
Employee sign-in software is designed to manage employee access to the workplace and track their location and presence, while attendance software is focused solely on monitoring employee attendance and time off.
Many employee sign-in software solutions also include visitor management features, allowing organisations to manage and track visitors and employees.
Employee sign-in software is designed with security in mind, with features like access management, emergency management, and real-time reporting to help organisations identify and prevent potential security issues. Choosing a reputable provider and following best practices for data security is essential to ensure that your employee sign-in software is as secure as possible.
Many employee sign-in software solutions offer integrations with other systems, such as access control, time and attendance, and facility management systems. These integrations can help streamline operations and provide more comprehensive reporting and analysis.
Yes, employee sign-in software can be designed to be GDPR compliant by ensuring that personal data is collected, processed, and stored in a secure and transparent manner and that employees are informed about the data that is being collected and how it will be used.
Yes, many employee sign-in software solutions offer contact tracing features, allowing you to track the movements of employees and visitors within your workplace and quickly identify and isolate individuals who may have been exposed to a contagious disease.
Employee sign-in software can benefit remote workers by allowing them to sign in remotely, receive safety briefings, and notify someone when they are working alone or need assistance. This can help remote workers feel more connected and supported, ensuring their safety and well-being.
MRI OnLocation: Employee Management
Manage your employee presence on and off-site Keeping compliant is an ongoing process and requires regular monitoring and reporting on health, safety, and security measures. Use employee management to manage profiles, inductions, certifications, acce