November 09, 2021
11 - 11:30 GMT
On the 12th and 13th of October 2021, we attended an in-person TowerXChange meetup in Dubai held at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre. This event focused on the rapid Telecom growth that Africa has seen over the past 12 months. We exhibited our AI-powered contract abstraction tool which aims to uncover insights into your telecom organisations data.
During the event we learnt:
- Large quantities of acquisitions and unbundling yet to happen within the Africa Tower Co space
- Limited maturity levels around technology driven acquisitions and due diligence processes
- Tower sales are based on leases with the Telecom, meaning Telecoms that have previously owned towers now have substantial leases and requirements to report following IFRS 16 requirements
- Tower Co and Tower portfolios are timely acquisition processes and require more efficient processes
- Towers in the Middle East are still largely owned by Telecom infrastructures with only 8% of towers being independent Tower Co companies
- Ongoing discussions between ‘Acquisition vs. New Builds’
- Tower Co’s still utilise integrated systems with the existing Telecom
- Uninterrupted power remains the biggest challenge for tower operations in Africa – with businesses looking to move towards renewables – as well as frequent battery theft
In this MRI-hosted webinar, a panel of MRI contract intelligence experts will share the insight gained and key takeaways from the TowerXChange Telecom event!