MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, India, and Ireland with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
MRI Software is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Cape Town office!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining software solutions throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
You should have a passion for development and an eagerness to learn new things and improving your skills. You will be a part of a team that collaborates well, works hard, and has fun, so a good sense of humor is advantageous.
We are looking for a team player who is willing to offer opinions confidently and to hear others out.
- To Develop software features in a self-sufficient way and to a high technical standard
- Understanding the system architecture and technical goals of the product
- Follow development process (source control, branching, testing etc.) without assistance
- Actively troubleshoot issues and assist with complex support queries which require further analysis
- Taking part in team rituals such as stand-ups, planning sessions, demos, and retrospectives
- Taking part in team activities such as collaborative-development and code-reviews
- Taking part in cross-team activities such as knowledge-sharing and documentation
- Building relationships with all other teams in the product development department
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties to achieve business objectives.
- A Degree or Diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related area, or equivalent years of experience.
- Demonstrable experience in .Net (C#, ASP.Net Core, ASP.Net MVC)
- Demonstrable experience in Stencil.
- Demonstrable experience in SQL (Microsoft SQL Server)
Experience using cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure)
Experience in writing Unit Tests (NUnit, xUnit, Jasmine)
Experience in working with Micro-Service architecture / patterns
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Eager to learn new skills
- Constantly improving current abilities
- Team player with a can-do attitude