To support our rapid growth, we are seeking talented, motivated QA Engineers that bring a passion for releasing quality products for our customers. QA Engineers work closely with MRI Software customers and team members to ensure products and services work in a fully integrated manner as expected by the customer.
The QA Engineer (Test Automation) works with Software Engineers, QA Engineers, and Product Owners to understand not only how the code is written, but how it will be used by our clients. This understanding of the entire system will be used to design automated tests and strategies that cover the real-world scenarios needed to deliver quality software.
MRI Software offers opportunities for long-term career growth to successful QA Engineers who aspire to deeper technical, project management or other leadership roles in the company as we believe in building our team from within.
- Defines and executes automated test strategies, using industry Best Practices.
- Designs, develops, refactors, and maintains efficient, reusable and reliable test cases and test automation code.
- Manages test environments, databases, test data, and test runs.
- Applies defined software testing practices and procedures to drive quality and testability of products and services.
- Creates clearly documented plans, designs and results.
- Contributes to design and code review sessions.
- Builds productive relationships that are essential to delivering quality products and services.
- Documents the test automation framework design, development, and operational procedures.
- Learns new and emerging functional and technical skills that are relevant to MRI Software.
- Understands industry best practices and makes recommendations for where and when to apply them on both an immediate and long-term basis.
- Collaborates with QA Engineers, Product Owners, and other stake holders to ensure appropriate test and product coverage for optimal quality and efficiency.
- Demonstrates and advocates for treating test automation code as production code.
- Ensures test failures are immediately visible and urgently evaluated to identify product issues quickly.
- 2-5 years as a Quality Assurance professional writing test automation preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Eager to learn new skills and engage in continuous improvement.
- Eager to contribute to continuous feedback and improvement efforts.
- Willingness to share knowledge and train others.
- Ability to work well individually and within a cross functional team.
- Displays passion for the design, development and testing of quality software.
- Solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance principles, methods, and processes.
- Understanding of test automation benefits, limitations, and best practices.
- Strong understanding of test data management best practices.
- Understanding of Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development.
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle and Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Experience writing automated UI tests in Ruby using Gherkin/Cucumber and Selenium Webdriver preferred.
- Experience managing and creating/extending test automation frameworks preferred.
- Experience managing and monitoring test runs using Jenkins or other CI/CD tool.
- Understanding of relational databases and ability to write SQL queries.
- Familiarity with TFVC (Team Foundation Version Control).
- Experience using Jira/Xray (nice to have).
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics majors, graduation from Technical School, or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience in enterprise software testing and development for large corporate clients.
- 2-5 years of experience in software quality assurance engineering functions, including:
- Test case and test script development.
- Test planning and large scale regression test planning and execution.
- Executing automated test strategies.
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, India, and Ireland with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.