A chance to work for a global leader in real estate software solutions, a fast-growing software company which has been named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States. This exciting opportunity lets you be a part of developing cutting-edge technology by helping to train our proprietary AI engine.
A real estate lease abstractor will be responsible for performing day-to-day activities related to lease administration, including abstracting critical lease information and entering data into lease abstraction software. In addition, there is a strong emphasis on the quality of data abstracted because this information will be used by numerous other departments within the client organization.
- Abstract and interpret commercial lease documents such as leases, amendments, subleases, termination agreements, etc. Input lease data into lease abstraction/accounting platforms like Leverton, ProLease, MRI etc
- Review peer abstracts to ensure all critical lease data is captured and entered accurately into accounting/lease system platform including tenant billing information, lease dates, square footage, recurring charges, lease option, etc
- Track and work with internal client stakeholders to obtain required documentation related to development milestones, rent commencement notices, etc
- Review and maintain Consumer Price Index tables and process annual CPI rent escalations
- Maintain and update tenant/landlord naming & use descriptions for reporting purposes
- Flag items requiring additional information to follow up with client stakeholders
- Coach and train the new team members on the lease abstraction process
- Develop workflows for increasing the overall abstraction accuracy of the team
Desirable Skills for an Abstractor
- Strong experience in Lease Abstraction domain specifically in US Real Estate industry back office operation ranging from Office, Retail and Industrial Portfolio
- Clear understanding of contractual terminologies
- She/He should be interested in conducting research and should have an eye for details.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret standard to moderately complex documents
- Strong attention to detail with a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines
- Ability to learn new applications and processes with limited oversight
- Priority setting, organization and time-management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism, trust, and integrity
- Flexibility, eagerness to learn, and desire to work in a fast-paced and evolving organization.