About the role:
We are currently seeking a Junior Software Engineer to work within our global Product Development department working to apply defined software development life cycle processes to deliver production ready code of the highest quality, this individual will be diligent in testing their code and working with the team to produce MRI Software’s high standard product. This individual will work under the Agile development methodology in a cross-functional environment with other groups, both inside and outside the department including Product Management and Documentation, as well as create and test code in our dynamic team setting. You will be able to gain a deeper understanding of specific programming languages such as C# and VB.Net.
Essential Functions Include:
- Work as part of a balanced team of engineers, product managers, designers and business people as part of a blended team.
- Help solving problems with software, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language and framework types.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other members of your team to design the best and simplest solution possible and work together to overcome any challenges along the way.
- Enjoy full stack development. On any given day, you’ll tackle a user story, working full stack from UI to backend to DB. You’ll learn to push code up through the CI/CD pipeline and take your work to production.
- Work on both new, greenfield applications, and rewriting or modernizing existing business-critical systems.
- Constantly seek to improve on the code, and the development process of the team. We’re pragmatic, not dogmatic, and we value taking a holistic approach.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of MRI and industry trends
- 1+ years’ working knowledge of and experience with C# .Net or VB.Net
- BA/BS or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Angular, React, Vue or other UI framework
- MS Azure and Cloud Architecture – desirable but not essential
- SQL Server experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management, ability to multi-task and participate in team work
Australian citizenship or permanent residency is required (Potential Sponsorship opportunity for candidates who are currently in Australia)
- Ability to learn leading technical / industry standards and technologies
- Exposure on RESTful APIs and SPA frameworks
- Working in Agile environment
- Culture of Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Flexible working arrangements
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.