MRI Software is seeking an Assistant Controller to join our team in our Cleveland headquarters! This position is responsible for driving day-to-day accounting activities, month-end close accounting processes, monthly financial reporting, balance sheet account reconciliations, and journal entries, in accordance with our accounting policies and US GAAP. This role will also provide local and international leadership to a team of accounting professionals in driving process improvements, consistency and predictability to our global accounting close cycle and business processes. This includes direct responsibility for G/L accounting and surrounding systems, pre-and post-M&A involvement, accounting operations, capital expenditure analysis, and audit management.
- Manage the month end process by overseeing a team of accountants responsible for journal entries, and reconciliations of domestic and foreign entities. Reviewing and approving appropriate entries for accurate reporting purposes and ensuring worldwide consistency in accounting treatment, account usage, etc.
- Key driver in the preparation of a global month end reporting package to be presented to Senior Leadership
- Analyze and review monthly revenue streams to accurately identify any variations or inconsistencies
- Develop and manage a high performing accounting staff within appropriate budget constraints for a business of this nature.
- Manage and prepare requested materials for all required audits, both foreign and domestic
- Work with legacy accounting team of acquires to perform post-acquisition integration, opening balance sheets and purchase accounting
- Oversee third party accounting-based software used by the department, including but not limited to employee reimbursement, domestic sales taxes, G/L and subledger package (Intacct, NetSuite), Salesforce, closing process software (FloQast), reporting database software (Adaptive)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of accounting experience; must have accounting management or supervisory experience
- CPA license and/or MBA is preferred but not required
- Direct industry experience in a software or other subscription business
- Direct industry experience working for a Private Equity-owned business
- Experience as a financial leader who is both “hands on” and “scalable” in a multi-location commercial operations environment with revenues of at least $100MM with proven ability to manage growth
Based outside Cleveland, Ohio, MRI Software is a global company with offices in the United States, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. Technology has changed over the years, but we pride ourselves on staying true to the original vision of our founders.