6 habits of successful real estate investment managers
Today’s real estate investment managers must address a number of challenges to stay competitive in an ever-changing industry. In addition to meeting regulatory requirements and keeping up with the day-to-day operations, property investment managers are also faced with large volumes of data and tech-savvy investors.
How does this impact the life of investment managers? It means many real estate firms are drowning in large volumes of data but they lack the capability to leverage it for meaningful insights that can be used to make informed decisions. Today’s investors expect high-quality reporting and transparency, and these factors can greatly influence which real estate organization they select.
How real estate investment technology can help
The ideal investment solution should be able to rationalize large amounts of information from many sources, automate the aggregation of that information, and run scenarios that enable you to make better investment choices. The manual processes of many real estate firms today simply can’t efficiently handle these functions.
At any point in the investment value chain (single/multiple portfolios or asset classes), your formula for success must include:
1. Strategic planning – You’ll need to be able to leverage large volumes of data from multiple sources, including financial and non-financial information.
2. Mitigating risk – Stop relying on spreadsheets to manage your portfolio. Switching to a central data repository allows for controlled collaboration and visibility to minimize errors.
3. Managing data – Improve data quality with tools for extracting, analyzing and transforming data into meaningful insights.
4. Increasing agility – Quickly create what-if scenarios to make strategic business decisions and navigate changing market conditions.
5. Seeing the bigger picture – Provide a better view of information through intuitive software, regular updates, risks and rewards.
6. Counting the pennies – Get the bottom end right and back everything up with a strong property management system.
MRI Software is dedicated to providing end-to-end real estate investment management solutions that meet the unique needs of the industry. By leveraging technology to strategically maximize your portfolio, your organization will be primed to rise to the challenges and keep investors satisfied while adapting to change.
Breaking Down Data Barriers: Derwent London finds a better way to work by linking lease data and planning tools
As the largest London-focused real estate investment trust (REIT) in the UK, Derwent London plc owns 77 buildings in a commercial real estate portfolio predominantly in central London valued at £5.7 billion. Typically acquiring central London proper