MRI Software is currently seeking a Development Manager to join our team in the Cape Town, South Africa Offices! We are seeking someone with strong leadership skills for this position. The Software Development Manager will be contributing to the strategic vision of the product development organization and leading their team towards that vision.
- Direct multiple cross-functional teams to deliver product releases that achieve business objectives while meeting quality and time-to-market expectations
- Coordinate product development activities across multiple products/projects in the product suite
- Build team technical capabilities and ensure use of repeatable SDLC (e.g. establish best practices, mentoring, individual development plans, recruiting, etc.) that align to technical and business strategy
- Proactively monitor and identify metrics that can effectively report the overall health of projects and systems to mitigate risk and resolve issues before they are experienced by other groups/clients
- Establish effective communication channels both inside and outside of the Product Development organization.
- Contribute to and drive the execution of the technical roadmap based on input from the business and product advisory boards
- Establish and maintain a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Provide people, skills, and development processes to projects and programs
- Coach team members to foster their professional development
- Hire and develop a diverse, high performance, scalable team aligned to technical and business strategy
- Align team to meet schedule and fulfil commitments
- Conduct performance reviews of team members