MRI Software is seeking a Senior Front End Software Engineer to join our team in our Cape Town office!
As a Senior Software Engineer (Tech Lead), you will be working to apply defined software development life cycle processes to deliver production ready code of the highest quality, you will be responsible for developing, testing and maintaining software solutions throughout the Software Development Lifecycle with specific focus on our Platform X Product suite.
You will work under the Agile development methodology in a cross-functional environment with other groups, both inside and outside the department including Product Management and Documentation, as well as create and test code in our dynamic team setting. You will be able to gain a deeper understanding of specific programming languages such as C# and.Net.
Essential Functions Include:
· Applies defined Software Development Life Cycle to deliver production ready code of high quality which satisfies all functional and non-functional requirements
· Translate visual designs into completed HTML pages while strictly adhering to design specifications Implement presentation structure and standards
· Work closely with back-end software engineers to ensure integrity of the UI throughout the development life-cycle
· Ensure cross-browser/mulit-channel compatibility and resolve bugs where required
· Designs, codes, tests and maintains deliverables of high complexity.
· Utilizes product-relevant technical knowledge to drive application designs
· Communicates technical issues and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Compares, contrasts and prioritizes among alternative approaches to meet objectives
· Suggest approaches that optimize among customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
· Peer reviews code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design.
· Works with Product Management team to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
· Implements complex technical designs spanning multiple application tiers
*This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties in order to achieve business objectives.
Skills and Requirements:
· A Degree or Diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related area, or equivalent years of experience.
· Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role
· Experience in user interface design and development
· Experience developing complex web applications, and ideally understand some of the challenges in building robust modular applications using tools like ServiceWorkers, PWA, Responsive Web Design Understanding of the backend architecture and understand the role of a framework like Node.js or a language like C#; experience with backend development (APIs, services, etc.) considered favorably Experience with cross-cutting concerns in web development
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Time-management and prioritization skills to meet close deadlines
· Eager to learn new skills
· Constantly improving current abilities
· Team player with a can-do attitude
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, India, and Ireland with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer