MRI Software looking for an experienced and skilled candidate to join our team as a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer. As a Senior QA Engineer you will be be responsible to assess software quality by designing and implementing software testing processes. You will take ownership of code quality through exploratory and manual test scripts. You will hunt bugs, identify issues, report them and see that they are dealth with.
We perceive the Senior QA Engineer as the knowledge bank of the business domain associated with the product(s) you will be working on and shall be the main go to person for all team members including the developers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop/build test automation strategy and focus specifically on maximizing reusability for regression
- Design and develop automation test frameworks to suit the application under test
- Evaluate the functional and non-functional requirements and identify scenarios that are suitable for test automation
- Design, build and execute automated tests
- Identify regression testing needs and create and maintain an Automated Regression Suite
- Provide test execution reports
- Maintain automated scripts utilizing the existing framework, adhering to coding standards
- Suggest/explore alternate tools for automation to bring-in more productivity and coverage
- Participate in troubleshooting and drive root cause analysis and resolution
- Collect quality test data and create quality test data.
- Support junior QA engineers
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Good handle in working using Agile/Scrum development process
- Proficient in designing test scripts using Selenium, C#/Java. Experience in Specflow or related framework shall be a advantage
- Exposure to other automation testing tools shall be a plus
- Strong understanding of API and working knowledge in testing API
- Hands on experience in using SQL queries during testing
- Expertise in automating browser-based applications
- Familiarity with load testing and stress testing will be added advantage
- Total experience of 10+ years in the software industry as a QA engineer and with at least 6+ years in test automation
- Proven experience in automation testing of both browser and desktop-based applications
- Experience in using any of the industry standard project management tools like Azure DevOps, Jira etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a logical approach and methodology.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A friendly and collaborative attitude, with willingness to train and share knowledge with junior team members