MRI Software looking for an experienced and skilled candidate to join our team as a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer. As a Senior QA Engineer you will be be responsible to assess software quality by designing and implementing software testing processes. You will take ownership of code quality through exploratory and manual test scripts. You will hunt bugs, identify issues, report them and see that they are dealth with.
We perceive the Senior QA Engineer as the knowledge bank of the business domain associated with the product(s) you will be working on and shall be the main go to person for all team members including the developers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Applies defined software testing practices and procedures to drive quality and testability of products and services.
- Exercises judgment in application of methods and procedures to evaluate quality products and services.
- Builds productive internal relationships that are essential to delivering quality products and services.
- Works independently, with general instructions on assignments.
- Develops testing requirements, test cases, and test plans.
- Reports software defects in detail with information gathered, tech support or other internal resources.
- Actively seeks assistance as needed but demonstrates learning and growing independence
- Actively seeks guidance for prioritization and review of deliverables.
- Analyses offerings against functional and non-functional requirements
- Creates clearly documented plans, designs and results
- Contributes to the creation of reasonably and increasingly accurate work estimates
- Learns new emerging skills functional and technical skills that are relevant to our practices
Personal and Business Attributes/Skills
- Knowledge of software testing and quality assurance principles, methods, and processes
- Accounting/Financial background particularly in the commercial market desired
- Self motivated contributor with initiative and drive
- Team player and understands how own work is important to the team’s success
- Strong integrity and highly reliable contributor
- Great work ethic focused on project and business success
- Ability to multitask in an effective and organized manor
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Willing to contribute what it takes to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Accountable for commitments made and scheduled deliverables
- Dedicated to continual learning and self improvement
- Willing to take on additional responsibility to ensure team success
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Speaks up and contributes to continuous feedback and improvement efforts
- Thrives in an environment that fosters constructive debate
- Familiarity with Scrum project management
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related software engineering experience
- Two to four years of testing experience or similar preferred.
- 4-6 years’ experience in software quality assurance functions, including:
- Test case and test script development.
- Test planning and large scale regression test planning and execution.
- Experience in enterprise software development and testing for large corporate clients.