MRI Software is a leading provider of innovative software solutions for the Global Real Estate industry. We are currently seeking a Product Owner to join our Product Management team focused on developing our new CRM product, including the rewrite of Callmax and Lead Management. This individual needs to have experience maintaining product backlogs, documentation, and gathering requirements. In addition, the Product Owner is responsible for developing user stories, translating requirements, and working with the agile programming teams. This position involves close interaction with other individuals throughout the business including architects, product managers, product development, professional services and client support.
- Maintain deep subject matter expertise for assigned product line.
o Client business processes
o Software functionality
o Internal application group adoption needs
- Understand how the product is used by clients in the field to assure developing usable features and workflows
- Understand how data, authorization and security tokens move between products – as this product is a platform product that combines data/reports from other products
- The product owner interacts with the client support team on issues, questions, and escalations that support cannot solve/resolve. There will need to be periodic coordination with US Headquarters support group.
- The Product Owner is responsible for seeing that requirements and code deliverable achieve the product line vision through interactions with development and cross-functional teams.
- The Product Owner maintains the product backlog (issues and enhancement requests), and prioritizes the backlog.
- Prioritize work for the development team in conjunction with the development manager
- Perform card break down, define exit criteria, provide test case scenario input, PO acceptance and documentation approval
- The Product Owner is responsible for developing knowledge transfer materials regarding usage, deployment, support and benefits of the product features to ready internal teams and client to use/promote/support the feature
- Provide cross-functional training/presentations and leads Knowledge Transfer sessions as needed
- This position involves close interaction with product development, architects, user experience designers, product managers, support/services, partners and clients
- An ability to challenge technology approaches that don’t deliver on the experience or functionality desired. Often making tech/function tradeoffs
- As this is a platform product used by other applications teams, the PO will also work with other application teams on adoption and functionality needs
- Ensure developers and user experience teams have clarity on the problem & business value of the solution
- Functional working relationship with Dev Manager and development team to ensure clarity on the problem & business value of the solution
- Detailed understanding of user/compliance requirements
- Participate on and/or leads client working groups
- Participate in Client Advisory Board meetings and annual International Users Conference
Knowledge and Skills:
- A technical software background working with enterprise software
- An understanding of security, authorization and protocols of moving data between product
- Aptitude to work both with very technical developers, as well as business oriented support staff and clients.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Jira experience a plus
- Experience with Reporting systems, SSRS, PowerBI a plus
- Strong MS Office application skills
- Strong and effective organizational skills
- Strong communication skills for working in a global team
- An ability to work in an unstructured work environment and effectively prioritize
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments and projects
- Ability to work well individually and within a cross functional team
- Effective time management & communication skills
Education (minimum requirements/equivalent):
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business, or MIS preferred, or commensurate work experience
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time and extensive computer use
- Working across time zones will require various off hours calls