Top 5 benefits of energy management software for CRE
As the commercial real estate industry continues to expand and evolve, the importance of energy management has become increasingly apparent. To remain relevant and meet regulatory requirements, real estate occupiers, property owners, and facilities managers must find ways to optimize energy consumption and reduce costs.
Implementing energy management software is one of the most effective tools for achieving these goals, bringing many benefits to the organization.
Improved Energy Efficiency
1. Energy management software is designed to monitor and analyze a building’s energy consumption. Facilities managers and other real estate decision-makers have access to data that allows them to implement targeted improvements to reduce energy consumption and costs by identifying areas of energy waste and inefficiency. For example, energy management software can help identify equipment not operating efficiently, which enables a more strategic approach to “replace or repair” the asset as needed, resulting in significant energy savings and lower operating costs over time.
Increased cost savings
2. Reducing energy consumption not only benefits the environment but it also saves money. Energy management software can help users identify areas where energy costs can be reduced, such as by adjusting thermostat settings, optimizing lighting schedules, and reducing unnecessary usage during off-peak hours. By implementing these per annum, property owners can save thousands of dollars in energy costs
Enhanced sustainability and corporate social responsibility
3. It only takes a brief skim of a company’s annual report or the daily news to understand the significance of ESG and the criticality of a net zero strategy to ensure long-term success. By adopting appropriate software, businesses reduce their carbon footprint and by optimizing energy consumption and reducing waste. Businesses that leverage energy management software and invest in “green” practices can set themselves apart from the competition in the eyes of tenants or employees who value sustainability, appeal to environmentally-conscious stakeholders, and increase cost savings in the long run.
Improved operational efficiency
4. Energy management software provides a comprehensive view of a building’s energy consumption, allowing owners and operators to identify patterns and trends. By understanding how energy is used throughout the building, managers can make more informed decisions about allocating resources and prioritizing improvements, resulting in more efficient operations and better management of resources.
5. Energy consumption and efficiency regulations have become increasingly strict and enforced by regulatory bodies. Energy management software assists with compliance across such regulations by providing accurate and up-to-date information about energy usage and efficiency. Keeping on top of your energy consumption and compliance requirements enables businesses to avoid costly fines and penalties while improving their reputation as responsible corporate citizens.
So, what does this mean for businesses moving forward? Unfortunately, a “kick it under the couch” mentality will not cut it.
Real-time energy consumption monitoring and analysis is essential to improving energy and operational efficiency, reducing costs, enhancing sustainability and corporate social responsibility, and staying compliant with regulations. It is vital for businesses looking to remain competitive in today’s market.
Contact us today if you want to learn more about energy management software or how MRI Software can help you optimize your energy consumption and reduce costs.
Strategies for success: Achieving FM and energy team synergy
Your journey to achieving true FM & energy team synergy begins here. 3 in 4 senior decision-makers in large businesses across the UK consider energy their #1 risk in 2023, according to the latest ‘Drivers of Change’ research from Pro