New Zealand’s largest legal Chambers uses OnLocation to free their receptionists from the front desk and ensure a great visitor experience for barristers’ clients
Bankside Chambers is one of New Zealand’s leading set of independent barristers, arbitrators, and mediators. The Chambers is the largest in New Zealand, with 54 barristers and their staff residing
on-site across two floors in Auckland. Its members have superior advocacy and advisory expertise in a range of specialist areas, including relationship & property, construction, intellectual property,
civil & commercial litigation, public & administrative employment, environmental and construction law.
With a consistent stream of visitors daily to meet barristers, Chambers was challenged to ensure all visitors were greeted in a timely and efficient manner as they arrived on-site. Barristers would have to frequent the reception area around the designated arrival time of their visitors to check if their guest had arrived and or hope their reception staff was at reception to greet their visitors. This proved to be inefficient, compromising a seamless welcome to Chambers. Due to the nature of the manual visitor process in place, reception staff were set to act as the medium between the visitor and barrister drawing them away from other key front-of-house duties, further decreasing the productivity of the Chambers.
It was clear a change was required to better manage Chambers visitor management process. MRI OnLocation was identified as a fit-forpurpose, digital solution and an iPad kiosk was installed to welcome and check in visitors.
By going digital, Chambers was able to ensure visitors would be greeted in a timely and seamless manner by using OnLocation, barristers would not need to be ‘ready and waiting’ to greet visitors and receptionists became free to carry out required tasks without constant interruption. OnLocation software allows a visitor to sign in using the kiosk which mimics Chambers branding, the barrister is notified by email of their visitor’s arrival and is prompted to greet them.
MRI OnLocation reduces the stress the Barristers face of not knowing if a visitor had arrived or not, visitors’ experience is polished and simple, and the time spent waiting to be met has decreased.
Since rolling out OnLocation, Bankside Chambers:
- Provides a sense of certainty that visitors are consistently greeted and the barrister they are meeting is instantly notified
- Has gained credibility in operational functions and no visitor is left unattended
- The stress for barristers having to periodically check for new arrivals has been removed, due to receiving an automatic notification when a visitor signs-in
- The front desk is free to perform broader responsibilities by removing the need for staff to be constantly in the reception area
- Provides polished, digital branding for all visitors arriving on-site via their sign-in kiosk
Easy to use, intuitive, and works well for a group of people who use shared
infrastructure. Any shared facilities would benefit from this software
– Eleni Balmer, Chambers Manager, Bankside Chambers