Passionate about UI/UX you will take ownership of designing world class solutions across our suite of cloud and mobile based workplace health & safety tools. Your role is to solve design problems to enable the delivery of new products and features by following best practice in User Experience and User Interface design. Reporting to the UX/UI Team Lead, you will play a critical role in influencing and collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team from the beginning of a project though to launch and beyond. Work effectively to build and manage relationships to ensure a positive environment and achieve success.
You will work across the user experience domain, including research (competitor analysis, user interviews, persona development), design (sketching, group ideation, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping), documentation (wireframes, specification writing), and user testing. The UX Designer will work closely with Design Lead, Engineers, and the Product Team to design and validate the user experience for web-based enterprise class software solutions.
You will provide world class UX solutions by workshopping high-level requirements, researching to validate assumptions, wireframing & prototyping solutions, and creating detailed specifications to enable the development team to deliver.
- Ensure UX/UI consistency across all products
- Use UX design validation techniques, run workshops, and collect user feedback via testing for further design iterations
- Provide UX design for new/enhanced user stories
- Continually improve team quality and skills in UX/UI
- Use your UI skills to support the team when required
- Lead and conduct relevant user research activities, incorporating user interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Produce user personas, user stories, prototypes, wireframes, interaction and design specifications
- Participate in design review sessions with key stakeholders with the goal of advocating for the user’s needs
- Engage with development to understand platform capabilities, communicate design goals, adapt, and verify designs through the agile software development process
- Create and maintain UI guidelines and visual standards
Skills & Other Requirements
- 2+ years’ experience as an UI designer, UX designer, interaction designer, product designer, usability engineer, or similar role
- Proven knowledge of design aesthetics and solid understanding of User-Centered Design principles and information hierarchy
- Experience in design tools ex: Adobe Creative Suite, and wireframe and prototype tools such as Figma, Xd, or Sketch
- Understanding of cross platform, browser, and device design strategies
- Knowledge of responsive design techniques and challenges
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work with a well-established product team in NZ with a mature and world-class people presence management solution
- Engaging, fun & inclusive culture
- Fruit and Espresso provided
- Professional development & education reimbursement
MRI Software is a global Proptech leader delivering innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business.
Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.