MRI Software is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team in South Africa! The Systems Administrator is responsible for configuring, maintaining and supporting MRI Applications in our SaaS environment.
- Configure, maintain and support MRI applications using Microsoft Windows and SQL servers and other data center equipment in an environment requiring 24 X 7 uptime.
- Manage and maintain data backups for SQL databases.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades.
- Monitor, manage and resolve client escalations.
- Troubleshoot components of systems relying on proven techniques for IT data center analysis and evaluation.
- Follow change management procedures.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule for after-hours support.
- Create, update, audit and modify Data Center documentation as required.
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts and derive solutions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Works independently and as a team member in a high performance 24/7 availability environment.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2, 2016, SQL 2008 to 2017, Active Directory, storage and backup devices, VMWare and Citrix client required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or relevant work experience preferred.
- Proficiency in server, storage and virtualization standards, techniques and tools.
- Experience with using SQL query expressions to diagnose or resolve routine issues.
- Experience with Windows scripting (PowerShell) is a plus.
- Knowledge of SaaS models and large-scale, distributed web architectures utilizing SaaS technologies is a plus.
- Experience with API configuration and troubleshooting is a plus.
Based outside Cleveland, Ohio, MRI Software is a global company with offices in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. Technology has changed over the years, but we pride ourselves on staying true to the original vision of our founders.