We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to work within our global Product Development department working to apply defined software development life cycle processes to deliver production ready code of the highest quality, this individual will be diligent in testing their code and working with the team to produce MRI Software’s high standard product. This individual will work under the Agile development methodology in a cross-functional environment with other groups, both inside and outside the department including Product Management and Documentation, as well as create and test code in our dynamic team setting. You will be able to gain a deeper understanding of specific programming languages such as C# and .Net.
Essential Functions Include:
- Applies defined Software Development Life Cycle to deliver production ready code of high quality which satisfies all functional and non-functional requirements
- Designs, codes, tests and maintains deliverables of high complexity.
- Prepares, analyzes and communicates team development metrics
- Utilizes product-relevant technical knowledge to drive application architecture
- Communicates technical issues and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Estimates development schedules and determine project scope.
- Creates code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain.
- Authors and/or contributes to technical design documentation, release notes, bug fix documentation.
- Works with Product Management team to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- BA/BS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related area
- 3-5 years working knowledge of and experience with programming in Microsoft C# or another object oriented language.
- 3+ years working knowledge of and experience with programming in Microsoft .NET
- Experience in using Angular, React, Vue or other UI framework
- Experience in RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of software development best practices, including multiple development methodologies (experience with Agile principles preferred)
- Broad-based technical expertise including a strong understanding of programming and architecture concepts
- Established ability to deliver products on-time that meet client expectations
- Deep understanding of Agile development methodologies and pragmatic implementation
- Established ability to deliver secure quality and performant code on-time
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency is required (Potential Sponsorship opportunity for candidates who are currently in Australia)
- Exposure on RESTful APIs
- Working in Agile environment
- Flexible working arrangements
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!