Design and user experience (UX) are essential to the success of our products. As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will enhance online experiences for our huge user base. Utilising your UI expertise and component library / design system knowledge you will build responsive experiences for our customers. You will be working on new projects as well as updates to existing features in line with the product roadmap.
In this hands-on role you will work alongside the UX design team and the business to turn ideas into beautifully crafted responsive web applications. You will provide strategic insight on new ways of working through extensive and ongoing research.
To be successful in securing this role, you’ll have at least 5 years commercial experience, including substantial hands-on involvement in front-end development. It requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Full-stack Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design and build process.
- Recommend best practices in order to advise and create the best front-end user experience for our customers
- Enforce Google Material design thinking
- Build strong connections between the design, development and product teams
- Mentor junior to senior developers on UI best practice
- Listen to the customers and translate that into a great user experience
- Engage with product owners and UX team, solving complex UX architectural and business challenges
- Architect and code a reusable component library
Skills & Other Requirements
- Experience with React preferred and AngularJS would be of benefit
- Strong understanding of software development best practices and modern development methodologies (experience with Agile principles preferred),
- Solid understanding of responsive design, cross-browser and component-based development,
- Knowledge of TDD and a willingness to work in a test-driven environment,
- Experience contributing to workflow enhancement and testing / Unit testing preferred (Karma / Protractor),
- Ability to build and craft beautiful responsive front-end experiences,
- Ability to work independently,
- Eagerness to work with many projects,
- Knowledge of VSTS / Azure Pipelines is considered a plus.
PERSONAL AND BUSINESS ATTRIBUTES/SKILLS
- Strong results orientation,
- Self-motivated team player with integrity and a great work ethic,
- Ability to multitask in an effective and organized manor,
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and always willing to work hard to continually raise the bar for the team,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Accountable for commitments made and schedule deliverables
- BA/BS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related area
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, India, and Ireland with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.