About the role:
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will enhance online experiences across local and global user bases. Utilising your UI expertise and component library / design system knowledge, you will build responsive experiences for our customers. You will be working on new projects as well as updates to existing features in line with our product roadmaps. Your initial work will be focused on moving one of Australia’s largest and most successful property management platforms to React.
In this hands-on role you will work alongside the existing UX design and development team to build new features and maintain a new React front end. You will also provide strategic insight on new ways of working through extensive and ongoing research.
To be successful in securing this role, you’ll have at least 3-4 years commercial experience working with front-end technology (React strongly preferred.)
- Help us define best practices.
- Guide our team in updating from AngularJS to React.
- Mentor junior to senior developers on frontend.
- Provide advice on how to create the best possible front-end user experience for our customers.
Skills and Requirements
- 4+ years of experience with a modern JS framework
- Experience with React required and AngularJS would be of benefit.
- Strong understanding of software development best practices and modern development methodologies (experience with Scrum principles preferred).
- Solid understanding of responsive design, cross-browser, and component-based development.
- Experience contributing to testing solutions (both front end testing / unit testing).
- Knowledge of TDD would be of benefit.
- Ability to build and craft beautiful responsive front-end experiences.
- Knowledge of VSTS / Azure Pipelines considered a plus.
Personal and Business Attributes
- Strong results orientation.
- Self-motivated team player with integrity and a great work ethic.
- Ability to multitask in an effective and organized manner.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment and always willing to continually raise the bar for the team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accountable for commitments made and schedule deliverables.
- BA/BS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related area
- Flexible working arrangements & CBD office location (2 days a week)
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Flexi Fridays (knock 2.5 hours off your day on a Friday!)
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- Employee recognition programmes – Circle of Excellence and Service Awards
- Engaging, fun & inclusive culture – checkout the MRI Software APAC Insta feed and stories
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
MRI Software is a global Proptech leader delivering innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business.
Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 2000 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!