Design and user experience (UX) are essential to the success of our products. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will enhance online experiences across local and global user bases. Utilising your UI expertise and component library / design system knowledge, you will build responsive experiences for our customers. You will be working on new projects as well as updates to existing features in line with our product roadmaps.
In this hands-on role you will work alongside the UX design team and the business to turn ideas into beautifully crafted responsive web applications. You will provide strategic insight on new ways of working through extensive and ongoing research.
You will help transition one of our products from using AngularJS to a modern front end framework.
To be successful in securing this role, you’ll have at least 5 years commercial experience working with front-end technology. It requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Full-stack Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design and build process.
- Help us define style guides and current best practices.
- Guide our team in updating from AngularJS to another modern framework.
- Architect and code a reusable component library.
- Mentor junior to senior developers, both full stack and front end.
- Provide advise on how to create the best possible front-end user experience for our customers.
- Encourage design thinking such as Google Material design.
- Build strong connections between the UX, development, and product teams.
Skills & Other Requirements
- Experience with React preferred and AngularJS would be of benefit.
- Strong understanding of software development best practices and modern development methodologies (experience with Agile principles preferred).
- Solid understanding of responsive design, cross-browser, and component-based development.
- Experience contributing to testing solutions (both front end testing / unit testing).
- Knowledge of TDD would be of benefit.
- Ability to build and craft beautiful responsive front-end experiences.
- Knowledge of VSTS / Azure Pipelines considered a plus.
PERSONAL AND BUSINESS ATTRIBUTES/SKILLS
- Strong results orientation.
- Self-motivated team player with integrity and a great work ethic.
- Ability to multitask in an effective and organized manor.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Eagerness to work and be involved with many projects.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and always willing to work hard to continually raise the bar for the team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accountable for commitments made and schedule deliverables.
- BA/BS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related area.
- Sponsorship opportunity for candidates who are based in AU
- Flexible working arrangement
- Flexi Fridays (knock 2.5 hours off your day on a Friday!)
- Engaging, fun & inclusive culture – checkout the MRI Software APAC Insta feed and stories!
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, India, and Ireland with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.