MRI Software is a leading provider of innovative software solutions for the Global Real Estate industry. We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team! This position is responsible for driving day-to-day and month-end close general accounting processes, balance sheet account reconciliations, and journal entries, in accordance with our accounting policies and US GAAP. Additionally, the senior accountant will be exposed to certain ad-hoc projects such as buy-side acquisition accounting.
- Drive the month end process by working with a team of accountants responsible for journal entries
,and reconciliations of domestic and foreign entities. Reviewing and approving appropriate entries for accurate reporting purposes
- Assist in the preparation of a global month end reporting package to be presented to Senior Leadership
- Analyze and review monthly revenue streams to accurately identify any variations or inconsistencies
- Perform analytical reviews of operating expense data by comparing monthly actuals to budget/forecast/trends
- Research and analyze evolving accounting guidance related to the software industry
- Prepare requested materials for all required audits, both foreign and domestic
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internal control systems, as well as design and implement new systems and best practices to optimize performance of the finance function in a cycle of continuous improvement
- Interface with tax accounting advisers to ensure the corporate tax compliance, income tax provisions and tax accounting are coordinated consistently and appropriate tax and regulatory filings are made on a timely basis
Founded in 1971, MRI Software is a leading provider of innovative real estate software applications and hosted solutions. MRI’s comprehensive and flexible technology platform coupled with an open and connected ecosystem meets the unique needs of real estate businesses—from property-level management and accounting to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets.