MRI Software LLC (‘MRI”; ultimate parent company of MRI Software India Private Ltd) is a leading provider of innovative software solutions for the global real estate industry. MRI delivers a comprehensive and truly configurable solution, from property-level management and accounting to the most complex, long-range financial modeling and analytics for both the commercial and multifamily real estate markets. As a leading provider of real estate enterprise software applications and hosted solutions, MRI leverages over 50 years of business experience to develop long-term successful relationships with its clients. Originally founded in Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A. where the corporate headquarters remains, the company has international offices in India, Toronto, London, Sydney, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa and Hong Kong.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for handling day-to-day accounting activities, month-end close accounting processes, monthly financial reporting, treasury and tax assistance, balance sheet account reconciliations, and journal entries, in accordance with our accounting policies and US GAAP, working with third party financial advisors to ensure that month-end closes, audits, and statutory/taxes are completed on a timely basis. This includes responsibility for G/L accounting, payroll booking with the assistance of third parties, treasury needs, pre- and post-M&A involvement, accounting operations, capital expenditure analysis, and audit and tax preparation assistance.
This role will also provide local organization with internal employees and outside accounting professionals managing the accounting cycles, as well as speed, consistency and predictability to our global accounting close cycle and business processes.
· Perform key role in month-end close process for India’s operations, working closely with the corporate finance team and 3rd party advisors to ensure the fiscal reporting is timely, accurate and consistent with the reporting expectations and accounting treatment laid-out by corporate accounting in the US.
· Assist the 3rd party advisors to in the preparation, analysis and presentation of Indian fiscal reporting. Interface with tax accounting advisers to ensure the corporate tax compliance, income tax provisions and tax accounting, employment tax, GST, direct tax matters, annual professional tax, TDS returns, Softex/ Foreign Inward Remittance Advice true-ups/ STPI invoice exports are coordinated consistently and appropriate tax and regulatory filings are made on a timely basis.
· Perform analytical reviews of operating expense data by comparing monthly actuals to budget / forecast / trends to ensure that expenses are accurately recorded on a monthly basis.
· Manage account reconciliations and outgoing vendor payment set-up, and ensure processes “owned” by the India-based finance are functioning properly and timely.
· Continuously optimize and streamline the India-based finance function, in concert with a global view of Finance operations.
· Adhere to directives from the corporate office in the US and follow the guidelines for handling all accounting issues for the areas within the scope of this role in accordance with US GAAP.
· Handle treasury efforts in line with a controlled process, cash flow forecasting and downstreaming/upstreaming of cash to parent company.
· Prepare requested materials for all required audits and tax preparation, both international and domestic.
· Work in concert with 3rd party advisors on all finance cycles and provide information to operations run from other geographies: Accounts Receivable and Billing (MSA/SOW management with other MRI entities), Accounts Payable, Treasury, Tax, Payroll, Capitalized Software Development, etc. Ensure that internal controls and policies are effective and enforced. Address regional business risks and be in a state of constant of process improvement to protect assets, lower expenses, and enhance the business.
· When the time is right and agreed-upon with corporate accounting in the US, develop and manage a high-performing accounting staff within appropriate budget constraints for the India region of MRI.
· Assist in any entity dissolutions that may occur and other company secretarial matters.
· Utilize third party accounting-based software used by the finance department, including but not limited to employee reimbursement, domestic sales taxes, G/L and subledger package (QuickBooks, Intacct, NetSuite), closing process software (FloQast), reporting database software (Adaptive, Vena) etc.
· Work with third party advisors the FP&A team on budgeting and forecasting needs.
· Be able to assist other team members with their duties to meet deadlines as needed.
1. Direct industry experience in a software or other subscription-based business
2. Direct industry experience working for a Private Equity-owned business
3. Successful experience:
a. partnering with international financial colleagues to derive swift and useful informational reporting and operating efficient and effective processes. Requirement to be both “hands on” and “scalable” in a multi-location commercial operations environment with revenues of at least US$25M+ with proven ability to manage growth;
b. leading or playing a key role in accounting efforts in a high-growth, professional environment that expands past the borders of India, or similar experience;
c. developing and managing high-performing accounting functions that supports the business;
e. working as a value-add business partner across all functions of an organization;
f. experience working with business activities in the U.S.;
h. implementing procedures to improve internal control systems and other process improvements;
i. Technologically adept; advanced proficiency with using various software packages, internet portals.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and mid-to-advanced accounting software packages
- Experience with and some knowledge of US GAAP
- Proven leadership ability and excellent communication skills, Ability to meet assigned deadlines
· Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills: versatile and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
· Strong work-ethic, ability wot work independently, detail-driven and a commitment to doing whatever it takes to get the job done
Education and Experience:
- B.Com Graduate (minimum), Having passed CA (Inter) would be added benefit
- 5+ years of accounting experience; must have had a prior experience in the Finance/Accounting role of a business.
- Must have experience in leading accounting efforts for both reporting needs and operation of financial cycles, including, supervision, change management, process improvement, system changes and team development
- Experience working in the software industry is a plus.
- Accounting knowledge of QuickBooks or NetSuite, Intacct or any other ERP software is a plus