· Manually test and log issues in various configurations on different databases and platforms of the product (primarily Black-box testing) for which there isn’t yet any test automation.
· Responsible for diagnosing minor to complex software issues.
· Re-create defects and identify problem areas to be investigated by Development team.
· Assist in the maintenance of a defect-tracking database of all issues raised relative to the product.
· Liaising with the development team, product managers in order to provide status updates.
· Creation of detailed test plans, test scripts and procedural documents from functional specs and supporting documents.
· Taking full ownership of keeping test documentation fully up to date.
· Responsible for following standards for patching fixes within multiple in-house test areas.
· Contributor to Automation Testing Framework, by creating and maintaining automation scripts to test the application
· Increase test coverage through Web Services and/or automated UI testing
Qualifications and Requirements
· First and foremost, a real interest and passion for software testing.
· Solid understanding of quality processes, controls and procedures and the SDLC
· 3+ years of software testing and development experience
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Flexible in your approach and able to adapt to rapid change
· Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and more efficiently
· Previous background with Financial and or Property systems is highly desirable
· Experience with agile development practices preferred
· Experience with UI and/or API test automation preferred
· Knowledge of formulating SQL queries is essential, Oracle knowledge preferred
· Experience with Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, Java, Jenkins a bonus