MRI Software is seeking a QA Engineer to join our team in our Cape Town office!
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining test automation solutions that serve to ensure product quality form the start, perform functional testing on a regular basis and assist with deployment and smoke testing during each product deployment.
You should have a passion for product quality and an eagerness to learn new things and improving your skills. You will be a part of a team that collaborates well, works hard and has fun, so a good sense of humour is advantageous.
We are looking for a team player who is willing to offer opinions confidently and to hear others out.
· Quality from the start. You will be involved in the user story definition process and write test scenarios upfront.
· Ownership of all testing processes and environments.
· Responsible for completing assigned tasks that may rely on the contribution of other team members.
· Take a QA perspective to refinement and planning sessions to ensure test effort is considered.
· Work closely with developers that quality is ensured and that they are creating to right kind of tests.
· Support: Assist with reproduction, troubleshooting and resolution of product software issues.
· Create automated tests within release cycles and convert existing manual tests where applicable.
· Ensure that bugs are found and resolved before getting to production and treat all bugs as with importance.
· Work within the ATDD framework and define tests using BDD style syntax.
· Taking part in team rituals such as stand-ups, planning sessions, demos and retrospectives.
· Taking part in team activities such as collaborative-development and code-reviews.
· Taking part in cross-team activities such as knowledge-sharing and documentation.
· Building relationships with all other teams in the product development department.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties in order to achieve business objectives.