Founded in 1971, MRI Software is a leading provider of innovative real estate software applications and hosted solutions. MRI’s comprehensive and flexible technology platform coupled with an open and connected ecosystem meets the unique needs of real estate businesses—from property-level management and accounting to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets.
The QA Engineer supports MRI’s Product Development departments through the design and creation of manual, automated and performance tests to validate the functionality and performance of MRI products. Applies Agile principles to the development of high-quality applications and software solutions. Collaborates with product owners, software engineers and other areas to create well defined user stories and acceptance. Works with teams to determine test methods, tools, and plans for efficient and effective quality processes. Identifies components to automate testing. Identifies performance tests and creates baseline measurements; leverages tools to perform code analysis. Identifies, reports and tracks defects and testing progress.
Candidates will be asked to complete a technical assessment.
- Assists in the development of user stories and acceptance criteria within an Agile team
- Participates in Agile sprint planning meetings, daily stand ups and backlog refinement. Verifies that iterations and sprints are working as designed and provides approval
- Analyzes test results for accuracy and compliance; finds root cause of problems and recognizes those that recur and contributes to resolution process providing updates to appropriate staff and management
- Logs issues and system bugs with appropriate detail; sets appropriate severity level
- Assists team in finding software solutions and writes database statements to assist in solution implementation
- Works closely with developers on the Agile team (and with product owners) to devise test cases and test plans that ensure comprehensive coverage of positive and negative test cases against user story requirements
- Ensures appropriate test coverage of the application, clearly documents and understands which features are covered by manual tests and which are covered by automated tests
- Creates web performance and load test projects in performance test tool; identifies and communicates specific areas for improvement. Performs stress and performance testing
- Develops automated scripts based on features of specific applications. Creates, edits, and maintains automation scripts
- Collaborates with QA analysts to identify functions and features that require test automation. Develops and implements best practices for test automation
- Manages acceptance criteria, maintains documentation, user accounts and test data used by the team
- Records and maintains source control of automation scripts
- Coordinates efforts with software engineers to identify performance opportunities, as well as to ensure testability issues are addressed during design lifecycle
- Writes low to medium complexity SQL statements in support of various applications
- Executes manual testing
- 3+ Years Experience:
- Database solutions (able to write and execute medium level complexity queries)
- Software testing on web or mobile applications
- Creating coded automation or with back-end or front-end development in 1 or more solutions
- Asks questions and collaborates with others for change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Fluent English language speaker
- Strong organization skills
- A heightened overall analytical aptitude to apply quality assurance (QA) principles to all aspects of work. Shares examples of applying foundation level QA principles
- University/undergraduate degree with a focus in Computer Science or related discipline. In the absence of a degree, directly related job experience in quality assurance, product testing, or analysis will be considered
MRI Software is a global company with offices in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. Technology has changed over the years, but we pride ourselves on staying true to the original vision of our founders.
MRI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer