The Payments Product Owner will be responsible for developing, launching and managing a suite of electronic payments and services that primarily serves MRI Software’s residential client base. This team member will partner with product management, product development, marketing, sales, customer service and other shared services to ensure execution of the overall product strategy. Delivering payments products to MRI’s North American residential client base is a short-term goal, with a longer term goal of expanding these payments products and services to other client segments and geographic markets.
- The Payments Product Owner is responsible for maintaining and promoting the vision & strategy daily through interactions with development and cross-functional teams
- Maintain deep subject matter expertise for the payments product
- Own accountability for key payments initiatives within product management
- Develop best-in-class user experience and product roadmaps across all payment channel offerings
- Identify potential product expansion initiatives within the current expertise/product offerings and scope of work being performed to drive additional revenue
- Perform market- and user-related research, as needed, to grow and develop products
- Solicit feedback from customers and internal departments on how to improve our product offering and incorporate ideas into successful product development and launch initiatives
- Manage roadmaps in line with the business strategy and commercial objectives established by the company in accordance with release processes and company standards
- The Product Owner maintains the product backlog (incident reports and enhancement requests) and prioritizes the backlog.
- Prioritize work for the development team in conjunction with the development manager
- Perform card break down, define exit criteria, provide test case scenario input, PO acceptance and documentation approval
- Functional working relationship with Development Manager and Product Development Team to ensure clarity on the problem & business value of the solution
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of the payments industry
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments and projects
- Effective time management & communication skills
- Experience with Crystal Reports and SQL queries a plus
- Multifamily residential or commercial and/or property marketing background is highly desired, either in the area of property management or software solution provider
Education (minimum requirements/equivalent):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or MIS required
- 3+ years of experience in product management and expertise in the payments industry and significant knowledge of property management
- Experience bringing products to market with a detailed understanding of product management best practices
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) preferred
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI Software is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.