MRI Software is seeking Product Owners to build upon our growing team! We are looking for individuals with a technical background/aptitude to help bridge the relationship of the product and the development team. If you have worked in Product Management for a software product previously or if you are looking to step into product management from a technical background- this role could be for you!
- Manage the project backlog and (re)prioritize based on changing requirements
- Ensures stories meet the user’s needs and comply with the definition of done
- Perform card break down, define exit criteria, provide test case scenario input, documentation approval
- Maintains deep subject matter expertise in development tools and current technology
- Experience in agile software development, ceremonies, and roles
- Relentlessly clear the way for the development team to be as efficient as possible
- Works with development teams on reviewing and validating solution architecture and test plan coverage
- Understanding of software engineering process, Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Strong analytical skill, evaluated test results to identify defects and variances from functional, operational and performance requirements
- Proactively maintain a two sprint backlog. The ideal candidate will have time management skills to plan ahead and work on daily operations
- Develop user stories and packaging the features into product releases
- Test coverage plan approval with assistance
- User community influencers are both programming team, user experience designers, and product managers who represent MRI product requirements. Ability to work well with this wide variety of stakeholders is essential.
- Work and thrive in an environment where matrix reporting relationships are common
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, high visibility software environment
- A willingness to work with global project teams spread across several time zones
- Ability to effectively use software to maintain and report on progress and backlog by various characteristics. Jira experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to deliver System Interface diagrams/ Business Technology diagrams.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in the environment.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expert in requirements gathering
- Ability to work with user interaction team and perform detailed analysis on wireframes and consider all edge cases.
- Ability to work with Architects/Dev leads to discuss and understand back-end systems
- Must be able to identify tasks and timeline for his/her deliverables
- Ability to work with all stakeholders (Line of Business team, Development team, Testing team, other back end teams)
- Eager and enthusiastic to learn and adapt new skills.
- Working knowledge of product development, and product development tools
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Experience with Jira, or a similar tool
- Proficiency with MSOffice tools
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments and projects
Education (minimum requirements/equivalent):
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS Preferred
- Some Programming experience preferred
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 2000 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI Software is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.