As a Product Manager for Social Housing at MRI Software, LLC., you will be responsible for driving the definition, strategy, requirements and delivery of new and/or adaptation of current MRI offerings. You will partner with all cross-functional leaders and team members to deliver the preparation and oversight required for an offering to succeed in the market.
The role will be measured by delivering high quality, innovative solutions that are adopted by the market and are competitively differentiated. Manage timely deliverables with strong communication and cross-functional partnering. Ability to gain shared vision on challenging decisions that impact various teams and the offering. Success will require closely engaging the market (distribution channels, market influencers) and our clients to define and drive delivery of a product that provides value to our clients. Candidates must have a ‘can do’ attitude and be comfortable working in a fast paced, unstructured environment where a winning team will be in remote locations. The role will deliver on the growing needs of our product suite, and responsibilities include:
· Develop and promote product line strategy and vision
· Discover and validate market problems and opportunities
· Responsible for ensuring roadmaps are defined, priorities and communicated
· Ensure product feedback loops are in place with customers and key business areas
· Managing a portfolio of Products, responsible of the end to end product lifecycle from design, development and go to market
· Define and size market segments
· Ensure Products have KPI’s to track performance (including, profitability, sales, ARR etc.)
· Conduct win/loss analysis and competitor analysis
· Create and maintain business plans and business cases, including pricing
· Determine buy/build/partner decisions
· Develop, socialise and maintain customer personas and journeys
· Position the product for all markets and all buyer types
· Serves as thought leader in market-facing and internal capacity
· Working closely with pre-sales to ensure we have strong demos available, ensuing key business areas are up to date with roadmaps and new features
· Working closely with Marketing to develop product documentation and marketing including Go-to-market plans
· Undertake regular team meetings and provide business / team updates as required.
· Collaborate with your team members to agree meaningful objectives. Review these during one to one meetings and provide constructive feedback on an ongoing basis.
· Discuss performance and career opportunities with individuals, and where appropriate provide public recognition of employees including nominations for core value awards and by using rewards such as Kazoo Kash etc.
· Complete the 9 Box review and annual compensation review process for team members.
· Stand as a great role model for your team and an ambassador for MRI.
· Actively encourage team members to participate in MRI Social Events, Spirit Weeks etc.
· Review the training needs within your team and work with them to identify ways these can be met.
· Manage the recruitment, onboarding and training plans of new team members, helping them to be effective and contribute to the team.
· Coaching and mentoring of the team as required.
· Ensure that operational procedures are reviewed, developed, documented and implemented in a consistent way.
· Continuously strive to improve the team.
Personal and Business Skills
· Business/entrepreneurial thinker
· Knowledge of MRI’s products and Social Housing market experience preferred
· Analytic & strategic thinking
· Solid decision making skills in the face of imperfect data
· Strong planning acumen
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Proven experience interfacing with senior-level client personnel
· Background and experience in some or all of the following:
o Product Management Best Practice
o Software Development Lifecycle
o Project management experience with proven ability to drive projects to completion on time and within budget
· 5-10 years of working experience in enterprise software or market domain
· Proven ability to work with distributed leadership teams and cross-functional partners
· Experience with global business processes in the European region
· Detail-oriented and extremely organized, with proven ability to establish priorities and achieve results with very strong executive communication skills
Minimum Educational Requirements:
· B.S./B.A. or equivalent plus 5 years of product management (or equivalent) experience.
· This position requires sitting for long periods of time and extensive computer use · Travel requirement ~20%