Are you looking to join a highly acquisitive organization that provides the opportunity to work at the intersection of M&A and real estate software? If so, MRI Software is the place for you to master the M&A process while at the forefront of real estate software! We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Corporate Development Team. The Corporate Development Team leads and executes all M&A activities globally for MRI Software, including but not limited to origination, modeling, diligence and integration. MRI Software has completed 40+ acquisitions globally over the last 5 years.
The M&A Origination Specialist will provide an integral function for the Corporate Development Team generating acquisition opportunities via telephone, email and LinkedIn. The primary responsibility of the role will be to build relationships with business owners in order to find new investment opportunities for MRI Software.
The Specialist will be creating business relationships for a significant part of the day. Cold calling sophisticated owners of privately held companies is a large part of the role. Candidates must be professional as they will be interacting with senior professionals such as CEOs, CFOs and Managing Directors. The breadth of MRI’s product portfolio offers the opportunity to build rapport with business owners both domestically and internationally in multiple verticals of real estate software. The vast funnel of companies will allow the specialist to learn a wide array of business models and executives.
MRI’s success is predicated on the success of the Specialist. MRI is looking for a candidate who wants to be in the role long-term and will offer a significant amount of upward mobility for a successful professional. The position will offer a long-term career path at MRI Software on the Corporate Development Team and the Specialist will build a valuable professional and personal network as they get experience in the role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Deal Origination (80% of time)
- Communicate regularly and build deep relationships with C-Level executives and business owners
- Network directly with business owners in industries and geographies of interest
Account Management (10%)
- Process new deals by logging them into a CRM
- Provide a written profile on each opportunity to present to MRI’s Board of Directors
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities from origination to deal close
- Communicate MRI’s interest and provide feedback to business owners
Industry Research (5%)
- Work to identify new investment strategies in various sectors
- Detail and present case studies based on industry attractiveness
Corporate Development (5%)
- Participate in corporate development initiatives to improve the business
- College degree or higher
- 1-3 years of experience in a business development role with a track record of success
- Enthusiastic, personable, positive attitude, and high integrity
- Indefatigable / persistent, pro-active, self-motivated with the ability to work under limited supervision
- Passionate about building relationships and networking at a professional and personal level
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with good listening skills
- Attention to detail and organized
- Ability to learn quickly and have the ability to grasp financial / business terminology and concepts
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 2000 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!