- Abstract and interpret commercial lease documents such as leases, amendments, subleases, termination agreements, etc. Input lease data into lease abstraction/accounting platforms like Leverton, ProLease, MRI etc
- Review peer abstracts to ensure all critical lease data is captured and entered accurately into accounting/lease system platform including tenant billing information, lease dates, square footage, recurring charges, lease option, etc
- Track and work with internal client stakeholders to obtain required documentation related to development milestones, rent commencement notices, etc
- Review and maintain Consumer Price Index tables and process annual CPI rent escalations
- Maintain and update tenant/landlord naming & use descriptions for reporting purposes
- Flag items requiring additional information to follow up with client stakeholders
- Coach and train the new team members on the lease abstraction process
- Develop workflows for increasing the overall abstraction accuracy of the team
Desirable Skills for an Abstractor
- Strong experience in Lease Abstraction domain specifically in US Real Estate industry back office operation ranging from Office, Retail and Industrial Portfolio
- Clear understanding of contractual terminologies
- She/He should be interested in conducting research and should have an eye for details.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret standard to moderately complex documents
- Strong attention to detail with a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines
- Ability to learn new applications and processes with limited oversight
- Priority setting, organization and time-management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism, trust, and integrity
- Flexibility, eagerness to learn, and desire to work in a fast-paced and evolving organization.
- Graduate by education. Degree in Law preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience in lease abstraction work preferably in commercial real estate (including retail). Experience with analyzing data and problem solving
- Experience in reading, comprehending, and interpreting documents.
- Flexible working arrangements (2 days in the office)
- Annual performance-related bonus
- 6x Flexi Fridays: knock 2.5 hours off your day on a Friday
- Engaging, fun & inclusive culture: check out the MRI Software APAC Insta feed and stories!
About the business:
MRI Software is a global Proptech leader delivering innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business.
Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 2000 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.