Job Title: Software Engineer Intern
Location: Hybrid – Solon, OH
Founded in 1971, MRI Software is a leading provider of innovative real estate software applications and hosted solutions. MRI’s comprehensive and flexible technology platform coupled with an open and connected ecosystem meets the unique needs of real estate businesses—from property-level management and accounting to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets.
Based outside Cleveland, Ohio, MRI Software is a global company with offices in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. Technology has changed over the years, but we pride ourselves on staying true to the original vision of our founders.
During this internship, the intern will work in our Product Development team as a Software Engineer. The intern will participate in all phases of our development processes such as attending our scrum meetings, working and updating tickets in the sprint process, participating in our weekly innovation sessions and more. The intern projects are geared towards lower complexity, lower risk activities that provide ample learning opportunities while accomplishing real value-add tasks that improve the product.
• Applies defined practices and procedures to design, implement, and support software projects
• Builds effective working relationships with team members
• Actively seeks assistance as needed but demonstrates learning and growing independence
• Actively seeks guidance for prioritization and review of deliverables.
• Performs and designs testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
• Delivers high quality, production ready code that satisfies all functional and non-functional requirements
• Currently pursuing a degree or advanced certification in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience developing software or algorithms based on predetermined specifications
• Knowledge of object-oriented programming, Microsoft .Net or Java preferred
• Proficient with Source Control tools
• Familiarity with database objects (tables, stored procedures, queries, etc.) a plus
• Attention to detail is a must
• Good written and verbal communication skills