The Manager, Human Resources is responsible for leading the regional HR function to enable and contribute to the achievement of MRI’s regional strategic outcomes.
This role works closely with MRI’s regional leaders to identify, develop and operationalise solutions across a range of talent functions to attract, engage and retain employees and build upon a high-performance culture. In a hands-on capacity, this role will provide strategic HR & IR advice, improve business practices, lead complex projects and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
Additionally, this role works closely with the global Talent team – partnering with colleagues on global projects and bringing global best practices into the APAC region.
Partner with leaders to enable the business to execute its objectives through its people. This includes:
- Driving programs to build organisational capability to support ongoing growth
- Acting as an advisor on complex people issues / challenges, across employment relations, compensation, change management, etc.
- Project management on Talent initiatives, including the integration of employee groups post acquisition – partnering with the global Talent team to ensure smooth delivery.
Take overall responsibility, in a hands-on capacity when necessary, for the delivery of talent services across the employment lifecycle. Constantly seeking ways to wow employees. This includes:
- Managing the local probation, performance management and compensation processes for all new starters.
- Liaise with APAC + Global Payroll to ensure accurate and timely data is provided to relevant stakeholders (to allow for on-time and accurate processing of payroll across APAC).
- Deliver employee experience initiatives (in partnership with the Facilities Team), including internal events and other value-add activities.
- Proactively anticipating problems or opportunities across these areas, and developing creative, lasting solutions.
- Ensure compliance across the employee lifecycle in all APAC jurisdictions, including statutory reporting where required
Participate as an active member of the broader local and global Talent Management Teams, serving as a positive, dynamic leader that displays creative problem-solving skills, positive attitude and team orientated, proactive approach. This includes:
- Driving process improvement.
- Serving as an escalation point for any people issues.
- Develop and provide day-to-day management for the APAC HR Team.
- Work with the global Talent Team to develop and implement talent initiatives that span multiple business units and geographies.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience providing generalist HR / People / Talent support to a business.
- 1-2 years’ experience in leading a small team, ideally including talent management across multiple locations.
- Experience in leading HR-related integration work post M&A activity (desirable).
- Understanding of HR/IR framework in Australia (e.g. Fair Work, WHS, WGEA, etc).
- Understanding of HR/IR framework in other APAC jurisdictions such as New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore (desired).
- Experience in interpreting Australian employment law (required); and employment law in other APAC jurisdictions such as New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore (desired).
- At least three years’ experience with a HRIS (WorkDay and/or ADP preferred).
- Strong stakeholder management skills (including setting / managing expectations, objection handling and conflict resolution).
- Strong planning, time management, presentation, and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong active listening skills with the ability to ask thoughtful and probing questions in order to determine a stakeholder’s needs.
- Ability to approach situations strategically, solving problems and making good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Ability to handle high level of confidentiality and common-sense regarding employee information.
- Strong teaming skills.
- Experience in dealing with immigration matters (desired).
- BA/BS Degree in Business, HR, IR, OD (or similar) or equivalent experience in HR Generalist functions in a corporate environment.
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Approachable and empathetic
- Mature and calm under pressure
- Resilient and adaptable
- MRI is an industry leader that has experienced double digit revenue growth year over year
- 6x Flexi Fridays: knock 2.5 hours off your day on a Friday
- Me Days: an additional 3 days of leave each year to qualifying employees
- Competitive base salary and commission
- Engaging, fun & inclusive culture: check out the MRI Software APAC Insta feed and stories!
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
MRI Software is a global Proptech leader delivering innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business.
Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 2000 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.