Founded in 1971, MRI Software is a leading provider of innovative real estate software applications and hosted solutions. MRI’s comprehensive and flexible technology platform coupled with an open and connected ecosystem meets the unique needs of real estate businesses—from property-level management and accounting to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada and Ireland with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
This position is responsible for driving day-to-day accounting activities, month-end close accounting processes, monthly financial reporting, balance sheet account reconciliations, and journal entries, in accordance with our accounting policies and US GAAP. This role will also provide local and regional leadership to a team of accounting professionals in driving process improvements, consistency and predictability to our global accounting close cycle and business processes. This includes direct responsibility for G/L accounting and surrounding systems, pre- and post-M&A involvement, accounting operations, capital expenditure analysis, and audit and tax management.
- Manage the month-end process by overseeing a team of accountants in various countries, with an eye toward specifically ensuring the APAC entities and reporting look accurate. Reviewing and approving appropriate entries as required, and ensuring APAC fits into the worldwide consistency in accounting treatment, account usage, P&L trends, etc.
- Key driver in the preparation of a global and APAC regional fiscal management reporting package to be presented to Senior & APAC Regional Leadership.
- Partner with the APAC regional leadership to report on the state of the business, understand fiscal trends, drive towards improved fiscal results and improve the efficiencies of the business.
- Analyze and review monthly revenue streams to accurately identify any variations or inconsistencies.
- Develop and manage a high-performing accounting staff within appropriate budget constraints for the APAC region of MRI and that any global reconciliations or processes “owned” by APAC-based Finance Team members are functioning properly and timely.
- Continuously optimize and streamline the APAC finance function, in concert with a global view of Finance operations.
- Perform analytical reviews of operating expense data by comparing monthly actuals to budget / forecast / trends to ensure that expenses are accurately recorded on a monthly basis.
- Adhere to directives from the Corporate office in the US and follow the guidelines for handling all accounting issues for the areas within the scope of this role in accordance with US GAAP.
- Direct treasury efforts, cash flow forecasting and upstreaming of cash to parent company.
- Manage and prepare requested materials for all required audits, both foreign and domestic.
- Lead all APAC finance cycles and work with any operations run from other geographies: Accounts Receivable and Billing, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Tax, Payroll, etc. Ensure that internal controls and policies are effective and enforced. Address regional business risks and be in a state of constant of process improvement to protect assets, lower expenses, and enhance the business.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internal control systems, as well as design and implement new systems and best practices to optimize performance of the finance function in a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Interface with tax accounting advisers to ensure the corporate tax compliance, income tax provisions and tax accounting are coordinated consistently and appropriate tax and regulatory filings are made on a timely basis.
- For any acquisitions, work with legacy accounting team of acquires to perform post-acquisition integration, opening balance sheets and purchase accounting.
- Oversee third party accounting-based software used by the department, including but not limited to employee reimbursement, domestic sales taxes, G/L and subledger package (Intacct, NetSuite), Salesforce, closing process software (FloQast), reporting database software (Adaptive) etc.
- Be able to assist other team
1. Direct industry experience in a software or other subscription business
2. Direct industry experience working for a Private Equity-owned business
3. Successful experience:
a. partnering with international financial colleagues to derive swift and useful informational reporting and operating efficient and effective processes. Requirement to be both “hands on” and “scalable” in a multi-location commercial operations environment with revenues of at least AUS$50M+ with proven ability to manage growth;
b. leading accounting in a multi-subsidiary holding company environment that expand past the borders of Australia, or similar experience;
c. developing and managing high-performing accounting functions that supports the business;
e. working as a value-add business partner across all functions of an organization;
f. experience working with business activities in the U.S.
g. experience working with acquisition due diligence and post-acquisition integration including monitoring progress towards targeted synergies and cost savings;
h. implementing procedures to improve internal control systems and other process improvements;
i. Technologically adept; advanced proficiency with using various software packages, internet portals.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Chartered Accountant (equivalent)
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and mid-to-advanced accounting software packages
- Experience with and strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Proven leadership ability and excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills: versatile and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Strong work-ethic, detail-driven and a commitment to doing whatever it takes to get the job done
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Chartered Accountant license and / or MBA is required (equivalent)
- 10+ years of accounting experience; must have had a prior experience in the Finance leadership role of a business.
- Must have experience in leading an international accounting team for both reporting needs and operation of financial cycles, including, supervision, change management, process improvement, system changes and team development
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.