MRI Software is seeking a Director of Product Management in our Global Headquarters in Cleveland, OH! The Director of Product Management will be responsible for developing, launching and managing a suite of solutions that service MRI Software’s residential client base (apartment owners and operators). This team member will partner with product development, marketing, sales, customer service and other shared services to ensure execution of the overall product strategy.
Founded in 1971, MRI Software is a leading provider of innovative real estate software applications and hosted solutions. MRI’s comprehensive and flexible technology platform coupled with an open and connected ecosystem meets the unique needs of real estate businesses—from property-level management and accounting to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. Based outside Cleveland, Ohio, MRI Software is a global company with offices in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. Technology has changed over the years, but we pride ourselves on staying true to the original vision of our founders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead product management activities for the breadth of the residential solution suite
- Ability to organize and communicate with cross-client teams within various residential market segments to ensure the voice of the customer is reflected in roadmap activities
- Communicate and collaborate with senior leadership and cross-functional staff regarding all aspects of the residential product suite including opportunities, operations, procedures, policies and strategies to realize the full scale and potential of the product suite
- Resolve problems through analysis of data, identification of root cause(s), evaluation of options, rendering of decisions and implementation of action
- Establish priorities and make workflow decisions to assure that contractual commitments are met with vendors and clients
- Identify potential product expansion initiatives within the current expertise/product offerings and scope of work being performed to drive additional revenue
- Maintain application-specific security functions and controls based on policies and procedures established by Information Security
- Develop and refine pricing structure and price levels in each market segment
- Develop appropriately fitted product/initiative business cases that ensure that the organization is delivering the highest value work in order to execute on financial targets
- Work across various application groups to ensure an integrated technical product launch, including comprehensive solution technical documentation, pre-launch demos, and integrated user acceptance test plans
- Manage the effective implementation of new technologies and the utilization of existing systems
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise regarding business-line, competitor and industry-related products, pricing practices and trends
The ideal candidate: Is this you?
Above all else, the ideal candidate will demonstrate strong leadership traits in driving the transformation of a critical business capability and in supporting the overall transformation of the business itself. The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Ability to drive product concepts from strategy to execution on the development and delivery of new products and services to the business
- Demonstrated success managing a large and diverse portfolio of products across the product management life-cycle from new product introduction to product retirement and sunsetting
- Approach product management with a P&L mindset – owning the entirety of the proposition from pricing to product marketing and displaying a sense of true business ownership
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage up and down to a diverse, vocal group of stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a face paced environment, managing several projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines, and communicating potential conflicts where appropriate
- Thorough understanding of product management and development processes and best practices, Agile development experience a plus
- Thorough knowledge of business systems and technology concepts with the ability to apply towards solving complex business users’ needs
- Demonstrated success at driving innovation in a dynamic environment using analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal, presentational and organizational skills required.
- Technical understanding (mobile, SaaS, data) – ability to gut check technical feasibility and timelines and remove technical development barriers
- Experience in product management and leadership with demonstrated expertise full lifecycle product management
- Bachelor’s Degree valued in Computer Science, Business, Product Design or related field
- Multifamily or Commercial real estate experience not required but desired
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 2000 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.