MRI Software is seeking a DevOps Engineer responsible for delivering, maintaining, and optimizing infrastructure, database, and middleware capabilities to support and enable the development and operations of modules and solutions. This role is also responsible for reviewing solution designs, understanding their impact on application/infrastructure, building, and implementing infrastructure and applications, and monitoring, maintaining, and supporting the operational environments.
This role is part of our Product Development team, whose core responsibility is to ensure successful and automated deployment and operation of our applications and infrastructure. Release Engineering supports both our Product Development, and our SaaS Engineering & Operations groups.
Essential functions include:
- Manages source control, build/CI, and QA test systems.
- Follows defined processes for workflow, incident, and change management, where recognizing deviation from accepted practice is require.
- Troubleshoots components of systems relying on proven techniques for IT systems analysis and evaluation.
- Create and maintain application environments for both on-premises and cloud
- Agile methodologies and techniques used in development of software
- Strong knowledge of Incident and problem management processes
- Experience in effective troubleshooting techniques
- Experience in managing and deploying .NET and java applications
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies and techniques
- DevOps culture, processes, and tools
- Cloud-native architectures, including PVT cloud PaaS / IaaS, micro-services architectures, APIs
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to new methods and processes
- • Strong relationship building, persuasion, and collaboration skills that drives internal-and cross-
- team constructive feedback and support
- Experience in monitoring technologies and APM tools
- Experience in managing and maintaining HA solutions, and managing DRP environments
- • Ability to lead and mentor team members
Founded in 1971, MRI Software is a leading provider of innovative real estate software applications and hosted solutions. MRI’s comprehensive and flexible technology platform coupled with an open and connected ecosystem meets the unique needs of real estate businesses—from property-level management and accounting to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets.
Skills & Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Engineering, Math, or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- 5 years’ relevant experience in developing, deploying and / or administering infrastructure /CICD Pipelines
- Strong knowledge and experience on Azure (Certification preferred)
- Experience of current and emerging virtualization, infrastructure, cloud and container
- technologies such as Azure, Docker, Kubernetes/ECS, etc.
- 3 years’ experience in configuration management and automation Terraform/ARM
- Min 3 years’ experience working with programming and scripting languages, such as Ruby and Python or PHP
- Knowledge and experience of Web services, SOAP and RESTful interfaces, and XML
- Experience working closely with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, XP, and with teams leveraging DevOps and Continuous Delivery / Integration
- Strong knowledge of automation frameworks and tools
- PropTech domain knowledge preferred
- Min 5 years’ experience in database technologies – RDBMS, e.g. MSSQL, PostGreSQL,MySQL, etc.
- Min 5 years’ experience and knowledge of IP networks and related solutions
- Excellent problem-solving ability in complex environments
- 3-5 years working experience in complex IT operational environments in various aspects of design, engineering, analysis, and testing and ongoing support for their technical area.
- Effective organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps pipeline preferred
- Familiarity with MS Build Scripting/Team Foundation Server and/or Windows scripting (PowerShell) a plus.
- Working knowledge of current trends and techniques for their technical track preferred.
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level, management and accounting to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, South Africa, New Zealand, and Canada with over 1200 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!