MRI Software is seeking a Database Administrator to join our team in Solon, OH! The Database Administrator is responsible for upgrades, performance monitoring, installations, managing replication, diagnosing system problems, disaster recovery testing and maintaining user accessibility.
Essential functions include:
- Work in a team environment to provide knowledge of Microsoft SQL and logical/physical design and support of databases.
- The ability to function in assignments, perform health checks, SQL tuning, high availability functions and data migrations that includes on call support, services, and troubleshooting.
- Implement new or modify existing procedures for the administration of SQL database objects such as databases, tables and indexes.
- Build and maintain capacity forecasts for all database systems working with internal technical staff and business partners
- Weekly and Monthly reporting on metrics, outages, project plans, availability and capacity to senior management
- Implement policies and procedures for database backup and recovery
- Work with systems support to guide the installation and testing of new versions of database versions and related software products
- Suggest and implement technologies to support global databases in a 24x7x365 environment
- Functions as on-call or backup for other staff members to provide Level 2 or 3 support
- Provides documentation of configurations, maintenance plans and project updates
- Contributes to reasonable estimates of capital requirements, schedule and task estimates for project objectives.