We are looking for a BI/Data Analytics Analyst to join our team in Cape Town, South Africa who has a demonstrated track record as a technical leader who thrives in a collaborative agile development environment to deliver solutions that incorporate all elements of the business intelligence and emerging analytics and big data stack. The incumbent possesses a deep understanding of data modelling and data aggregation, performance tuning, and building federated data sources accessible via traditional BI. This individual will be a key enabler of MRI’s continuously unfolding smart data vision.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Support better decision making for MRI and its clients by turning data into business insight – something business users can visualize, understand, interpret, drill into and ask more questions about.
- Provide insights about likely future outcomes by applying data science tools, predictive and prescriptive techniques and algorithms that make use of multiple data sets.
- Help MRI and its clients convert large volumes of big data into actionable and valuable insights.
- Enable self-service analytical capabilities for business users internally and externally.
- Master a set of the relevant technical components and capabilities that form part of the team
- Contribute towards the building of a cohesive, supportive, inclusive team.