We are looking for a BI/Data Analytics Analyst to join our team in Cape Town, South Africa who has a demonstrated track record as a technical leader who thrives in a collaborative agile development environment to deliver solutions that incorporate all elements of the business intelligence and emerging analytics and big data stack. The incumbent possesses a deep understanding of data modelling and data aggregation, performance tuning, and building federated data sources accessible via traditional BI. This individual will be a key enabler of MRI’s continuously unfolding smart data vision.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Support better decision making for MRI and its clients by turning data into business insight – something business users can visualize, understand, interpret, drill into and ask more questions about.
- Provide insights about likely future outcomes by applying data science tools, predictive and prescriptive techniques and algorithms that make use of multiple data sets.
- Help MRI and its clients convert large volumes of big data into actionable and valuable insights.
- Enable self-service analytical capabilities for business users internally and externally.
- Master a set of the relevant technical components and capabilities that form part of the team
- Contribute towards the building of a cohesive, supportive, inclusive team.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Passionate about discovering solutions hidden in large datasets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
· Driven to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
· Advanced technical, analytical and problem-solving skills and exceptional attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with an ability to explain technical terms and constructs to a non-technical audience
· Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
· Passionate about quality, performance, and reliability of the work produced
· Strong experience using a variety of data mining/ analysis methods, using a variety of tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and running simulations.
· Adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
· Deep familiarity with BI reporting concepts such as grouping, filtering, hierarchies, data blending, building and maintaining a semantic layer
· Experience with Tableau or similar products to rapidly generate elegant, impactful, performant and interactive visualizations and multi-source dashboards
· Advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
· Statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Predictive modelling in pursuit of improved business outcomes
- Developing data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Developing processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Build API-first solutions at an early stage
· Experience creating and using machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc
· BI reporting tools such as Tableau (preferred), PowerBI, etc.
· Experience working with and creating data architectures desirable.
· Understanding of Big Data Technologies – Hadoop (Cloudera Stack preferred) including Map-Reduce, HDFS and HBase
· University degree in Finance, Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or related discipline
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple deadlines and rapidly changing priorities
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business intelligence or data analytics role
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, India and Ireland with over 2000 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI Software is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.