MRI Software offers enterprise software applications and hosted solutions that support real estate property owners, investors, and managers in operating their real estate property management businesses and maximizing the returns on their diverse global business portfolios. Our client base ranges from small- and mid-size property managers to Fortune 500 companies.
The Billing Manager will be working with the core financial operations team as well as supporting our global acquisitions. This person will be responsible for all aspects of billing related to specific MRI Software verticals. The Billing Manager will work closely with Finance, Legal, and Sales departments to coordinate the billing of net new deals, client renewals, and ad hoc additions to client portfolios. This person will be responsible for meeting deadlines around billing in order to assist in the closing of monthly books for financial statement preparation. The Billing Manager role offers great opportunities to work on various projects as they arise; providing the chance to learn new processes and procedures, which lead to increased roles and responsibilities within the company. There are currently no direct reports for this role, however the expectation is that we will grow this team over time.
- Process all billing opportunities related to assigned MRI Software business verticals
- Gain an understanding of end-to-end revenue impact of respective billing, and credits, including all deferred revenue implications
- Identify, track, and resolve potential billing issues
- Work with the Legal department to understand all contracts and order documents as they relate to fee schedules and client billing
- Work with the Sales department to accommodate client requests
- Research and resolve client disputes and escalate the issues to the right internal contacts/departments.
- Manage and maintain client information within the billing system to ensure proper delivery of invoices
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties and participate in other projects as assigned by management, including cross training within the department.
- When required, to build, manage and support a billing team.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with MS Excel and Word
- Experience people manager
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Good communication skills and ability to work well individually or as a member of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Shows strong initiative, problem analysis and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Background in Finance is preferred, but not required
- Strong ability to resolve discrepancies and knowledge of billing systems.
This position has great potential for advancement within the department based on role availability and employee performance.
This position requires sitting for long periods of time and extensive computer use. No business travel required.
Ability to carry out all established policies and procedures within the department or the company at large.
This position includes high levels of confidentiality related to personnel, proprietary and financial matters.