Do you enjoy technology and want a career working with software, helping to create amazing products?
Do you want to help give our customers the best possible experience, improving products and processes, while bringing a passion for excellence and quality?
As a QA Engineer Apprentice, you will be reporting to the QA Team leader, working alongside your colleagues in QA, Development and Product learning and being involved in all aspect of the software development life cycle (SDLC) where you’ll be part of a team who strive to improve all aspect of quality.
You will learn core testing functions in the SDLC, including writing and executing both manual and automated tests, ensuring a focus on quality from the start. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of solutions we provide to our customers.
You should have a passion for quality and an eagerness to learn new things and improve. You will be part of a team that collaborates well, works hard and has fun. We are looking for a team player who is willing to offer opinions confidently and share ideas for improvement.
· Quality from the start. You will be involved in the user story definition process and writing test scenarios upfront.
· Work alongside the QA team, with general instructions on assignments.
· Responsible for completing assigned tasks that may rely on the contribution of other team members.
· Learn and apply software testing principles during sprints
· Learn and create automated tests and look to convert existing manual tests where applicable.
· Ensure that bugs are found and resolved before getting to production and treat all bugs with importance.
· Support: Assist with reproduction, troubleshooting and resolution of product software issues, creating well define bug reports.
· Take part in cross-team activities such as knowledge-sharing and documentation.
· Building relationships with all other teams in the product development department.
Keen Interests and Skills:
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Inquisitive thought process to help identify how system work and can be improved.
· Interest in software and how it’s made and tested.
· Interest in quality and a desire to learn new things.
· Keen interest or exposure to automation testing.
Personal and Business Attributes/Skills
· MUST have a passion for achieving excellence in product quality and reliability.
· Knowledge of software testing and quality assurance principles, methods, and processes.
· Ability to multitask in an effective and organized manner.
· Willing to contribute what it takes to meet deadlines and deliverables.
· Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Speaks up and contributes to continuous feedback and improvement efforts.
· Familiarity with Scrum/Agile methodologies
· Eager to learn new skills and improve.
· Hands on experience working alongside experienced testers where you will learn how to test effectively.
· Learn about the importance of both function and non-functional testing techniques.
· Learn about appropriate tools and techniques in 1:1s and team meetings.
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modelling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, India, and Ireland with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.