IT Services provides hosting and managed services across MRI Products. The Applications Engineer is responsible for the analysis, acquisition, installation, modification and support of our in-house developed software, databases, utilities and internet/intranet-related tools and installation, configuration, and customization of enterprise applications. The Applications Engineer will install, maintain and upgrade our software. The Applications Engineer will provide Tier 3 Support for problem resolution including the support of end-customers in systems support.
- Develop, implement and maintain standard operating procedures, troubleshooting guidelines and general application support.
- Perform planning, pre-deployment testing and deployment of new MRI products and update releases.
- Contribute in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, procedures and associated plans to improve overall application quality, performance and stability.
- Work directly with Technical Support staff to assist customers and fulfil requests as required.
- Respond to customer’s support requests. Utilize internal resources and/or knowledge base tools to diagnose and resolve technical issues. Escalate unresolved customer issues to appropriate staff or management.
- Assist QA in researching and verifying application defects and enhancement requests. Reports bugs, serious defects and requests to product development team.
- Responsible for meeting SLAs related to application availability and response times to service requests, incidents, and problem resolution.
- Perform day to day application management, monitoring and incident response and resolution and working with the customer application development and technical support teams to establish effective application monitoring and to identify application changes to improve operations.
- Perform capacity planning and performance monitoring and trending of application behaviour and recommending infrastructure or application changes to improve application performance
- Perform root cause analysis and problem resolution of operational issues involving interaction between applications, server hardware/firmware/OS and storage by working with software developers, QA, and other engineers.
- Follow policies, processes and procedures for managing IT systems, Incident, Availability, Problem, Change, Configuration, and other IT Service Management disciplines. Recognize process deficiencies and propose change and continual improvement
- Maintain disaster recovery procedures for all assigned server resources.
- Develop and review operational instructions for peers and Help Desk staff.
- Share 24 hrs on-call responsibilities. Occasionally work weekends and off-hours.
- Must meet or exceed individual performance goals focused on maintaining and enhancing the quality of hosting of MRI’s applications.
- Provide consulting and system audit to MRI’s clients and partners.
- Participate in department/company meetings
- Keep up to date with server and systems technologies. This includes vender relations and for all assigned systems vender patches and fixes.
- As necessary, perform other duties as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience, preferably certified in AWS Operations
- 5+ years of experience managing systems and applications in an enterprise, mission critical environment
- Experience supporting applications with high availability requirements in a 24×7 environment is required
- The candidate must be service oriented and experienced in a process-oriented environment
- Experience with managing IT systems and technology
- SSO Experience in deployment and troubleshooting preferred
- Scripting experience (e.g. PowerShell / Python) preferred
- Previous application development and/or QA experience preferred
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively present information and advocate positions to technical and non-technical persons in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to be on call 24×7 on a weekly rotation
- Interest in learning new disciplines
- Flexibility to work off-hours to support global project teams and to manage system changes during planned maintenance windows
- Must be able to participate successfully as a member of a team-based environment
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of customer and company information
- Additional Requirements
- Support the Information Security Management System (ISMS) by participating the following and other related activities:
- Security training and awareness
- Risk Assessment
- Business Continuity Planning
Joining MRI Software means teaming up with the world’s most innovative and comprehensive provider of real estate technology with over 50 years in the space. It means being welcomed into a family of industry professionals who are united in giving organisations the freedom to transform the way communities live, work and play. The only way to carry out that mission is to hire the absolute best employees on earth. People like you! Be a part of a progressive workplace environment where you can learn from the best and where your personal journey is taken seriously. Work alongside an established and leading proposition which continues to redefine the proptech world. Join a business where all 2,000+ of our immensely talented employees are listened to and make a real difference.
And we know how to reward outstanding performance, recognise effort, and celebrate our wins in style. Enjoy unrivalled benefits such as our Flexi Friday scheme, employer contributed pensions, private medical insurance, eligibility for an annual performance bonus, tuition reimbursement and much more!
Amazing growth takes amazing employees. Are you up to the challenge?
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 2000 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI Software is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.