MRI Software in Cape Town is seeking a dynamic, Accounts Receivable Team Leader. The Accounts Receivable Team Lead will oversee various functions of the Accounts Receivable department. This person will guide a team of AR Analysts in leading the collection process, using existing processes and procedures, while also having the ability to introduce new and innovative processes that increase accuracy and efficiency. They will help manage the process of writing off delinquent accounts according to company standards. The Accounts Receivable Supervisor will have great opportunity to work on various projects related to acquisitions, day-to-day activities, as well as other assignments managed by the finance department.
- Manage a team of AR Analysts, responsible for contacting clients in an effort to secure balance of debt owed to MRI Software
- Act as administrator for collection software used to track client contact and automate certain functions of the collection process
- Lead regular meetings with Senior Leadership to discuss client issues as they relate to account delinquency
- Work closely with the Legal department to understand client contracts and obligations, as well as MRI’s process for joint Finance and Legal collection efforts
- Work closely with Sales Managers and Executives to understand and pursue client balances
- Assist accounting team with review and recommendations for Bad Debt Reserve calculation
- Work to continually improve Key Performance Indicators such as DSO
- Assist with various month end close processes including month over month revenue analysis
- Research and resolve client disputes and escalate issues to the right internal contacts/departments.
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties and participate in other projects as assigned by management, including cross training within the department.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with MS Excel and Word
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Good communication skills and ability to work well individually or as a member of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Shows strong initiative, problem analysis and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or relevant tertiary degree
- Five or more years of managing a large Accounts receivable team
- Five or more years of experience with performance managing and developing employees
- Strong ability to resolve client discrepancies and knowledge of billing systems.
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 1400 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI Software is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.