We are looking for an Accountant to join our Finance team in South Africa. As an account with MRI you will work closely with the Finance team to maintain balance sheets, assist with month end and prepare reports for management. This role offers great opportunities to work on various projects as they arise; providing the chance to learn new processes and procedures, which lead to increased roles and responsibilities within the company.
This position will assist in administering all levels of accounting and special projects as needed by management.
• Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts; general ledger operations, prepare and post journal entries
• Assist with month-end close and preparation of monthly financial statements, monthly financial reports, account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and bank reconciliations
• Record financial transactions in accordance with company policies
• Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
• Analyze and interpret financial data, trends, variances to forecast and budget and other financial documents
• Prepare weekly monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for management
• Help with treasury and cash flow activities
• Play an integral role in revenue recognition, contract organization, and deferred revenue waterfalls
• Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong skills with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Adept at using technology including a variety of software/online portals/SaaS systems to capture, analyze and record information
• Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
• Willing to work extended time frames during month-end close and any other periods of critical financial activities
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Attention to detail, accuracy, planning, organizing, scheduling and monitoring
• Strong initiative, problem analysis and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 4-6 years overall accounting experience
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Knowledge of financial reporting
• Technical accounting skills
• Previous experience of general accounting, GAAP
• Proficiency in relevant accounting software
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, India, and Ireland with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.