Founded in 1971, MRI Software is a leading provider of innovative real estate software applications and hosted solutions. MRI is seeking a Product Owner for its recently acquired RentPayment solutions. Founded in 1999, the RentPayment business pioneered real estate payments with the industry’s first comprehensive payment platform for consumer rent. Today, the RentPayment platform serves some 2,900 clients across the U.S. multi-family, single-family, storage and HOA markets. The RentPayment, DuesPayment, and StorageRentPayment brands provide a feature rich suite of payment solutions, including resident rent payments and security deposits via web and mobile to landlords and property managers.
- The Product Owner is responsible for maintaining and promoting the product line vision & strategy on a daily basis through interactions with development and cross-functional teams.
- The Product Owner maintains the product backlog (incident reports and enhancement requests) and prioritizes the backlog.
- Prioritise work for the development team in conjunction with the development manager
- The Product Owner is responsible for developing user stories and packaging the features into product releases
- Perform card break down, define exit criteria, provide test case scenario input, PO acceptance and documentation approval
- This position involves close interaction with product development, architects, product managers, support/services, partners and clients
- Functional working relationship with Dev Manager and Development Team to ensure clarity on the problem & business value of the solution
- Participate on and/or leads client working groups
- Provide cross-functional training/presentations and leads Knowledge Transfer sessions as needed
- Participate in Client Advisory Board meetings and annual International Users Conference
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar product owner position
- Payments experience highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong and effective organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments and projects
- Ability to work well individually and within a cross functional team
- Effective time management & communication skills
- Experience with SQL queries a plus
- Commercial property or investment management background is desired
Education (minimum requirements/equivalent):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or IT required
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, 6 years of product management or product ownership experience will quality
MRI Software delivers innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business. Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, South Africa, New Zealand, India, and Canada with over 1800 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.